Guns of August Demo (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918

otghand -> Guns of August Demo (4/16/2008 6:06:38 AM)

I used to play, and still have the old AH GoA board game so naturally this caught my interest.

Is there a playable demo of GoA available? A search on the forum for "Demo" got no hits.

TIA

SMK-at-work -> RE: Guns of August Demo (4/16/2008 1:48:05 PM)

No there isn't one - would be a good idea tho IMO - just 1914.....

otghand -> RE: Guns of August Demo (4/16/2008 4:52:24 PM)

Unfortunate. The lack must have hurt their sales as I rarely buy before I try a demo and I know I am not alone. Have they ever commented anywhere as to why there is no demo?

Sewerlobster -> RE: Guns of August Demo (4/16/2008 10:37:32 PM)

I bought this game thinking it was a remake of The AH version. It was not -- and I am so pleased. Since there is no demo, I offer my recommendation that you buy this one. It's a little light in the rules explanation department, but once you learn the mechanics it is leaps and bounds above AH's version. Once you get the hang of the "strategic phase" this one is really fun. Since you've played AH's it'll only take you a few tries to figure out some of the finer points of this games economics.

otghand -> RE: Guns of August Demo (4/17/2008 12:10:40 AM)

Thanks for the recomendation but I will probably pass unless and until I can get my hands on a demo or someone else's copy. For me the interface is all important, and for that you have to see it first hand. Other's might differ, but there is no shortage of games to play, just a shortage of free time and money - no point it buying a game on spec. as I see it.

Ron -> RE: Guns of August Demo (4/17/2008 11:25:52 PM)

The choice is yours obviously, but I don't think a demo is warranted for this type of game. The two tutorials by JP Falcon and Lava are what sold me, and I am glad I got it. Yes the UI is a bit clunky but after one turn it all becomes clear. It is one of the better strategic games out there IMO, whether you are into WW I or not.

Wilmore -> RE: Guns of August Demo (4/27/2008 8:29:40 AM)

This is a very fine game I highly recomend it

otghand -> RE: Guns of August Demo (5/7/2008 11:47:51 PM)

I think a demo is warranted for every game. I don't see how a demo can ever be a bad thing.

Wilmore -> RE: Guns of August Demo (5/9/2008 7:25:25 AM)

I agree most demos I try, I like and will buy the game. I dont understand matrix not offering demos

sterckxe -> RE: Guns of August Demo (5/9/2008 9:40:31 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wilmore
I agree most demos I try, I like and will buy the game. I dont understand matrix not offering demos

They do for certain games where they and the developer think the effort warrants it.

There are demos for games like :

- Tin Soldiers - Alexander
- Gary Grigsby's World at War
- Battles in Normandy
- Commander : Europe at War

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI