Yellow sun like objects (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition

SimonDC -> Yellow sun like objects (4/16/2008 5:35:24 PM)

Hello, I've just bought HCE and have been playing around with the tutorials. In the GIUK first scenario I've noticed numerous yellow objects moving across the map, radiating yellow line like a sun. Are they representations of enemy units that are not triangulated on?

Thanks,
Simon

MarkShot -> RE: Yellow sun like objects (4/16/2008 5:43:39 PM)

Those are storms (weather cells).

CV32 -> RE: Yellow sun like objects (4/16/2008 5:44:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SimonDC
Hello, I've just bought HCE and have been playing around with the tutorials. In the GIUK first scenario I've noticed numerous yellow objects moving across the map, radiating yellow line like a sun. Are they representations of enemy units that are not triangulated on?
Thanks,Simon

They're storm systems. If you had a unit in that area, and clicked Reports/Weather Report, you'd get details about just how bad the weather was. The weather in that area will affect sensor performance.

SimonDC -> RE: Yellow sun like objects (4/16/2008 10:32:05 PM)

Many thanks.

PatinAZ -> RE: Yellow sun like objects (4/16/2008 11:19:47 PM)

I've never noticed the storms affecting game play much. Of course, that has to do with the staff options as well [ one option is to ignore any weather effects]

eclipsetr -> RE: Yellow sun like objects (4/20/2008 2:09:48 AM)

In the past if you used aircraft for visual spotting it would affect that also not sure but periscope depth on a sub how far it could see was also limited.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI