How about using Donckey and Mules unit to supply troops! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series

Miamieagle -> How about using Donckey and Mules unit to supply troops! (4/18/2008 4:48:01 PM)

Do you think we should incorporate donkies and Mule to supply troops in the Front lines. They where widely use in the Eastern Front,Italian Front,Burma and other fronts to carry supplies through difficult terrain where vehicles where not useful.

countblue -> RE: How about using Donckey and Mules unit to supply troops! (4/18/2008 6:04:46 PM)

How about them "Pack Horses" that are included in the OOB already?

I use them (in scenario design) if I want to mimick "mules or donkeys". [:)]
Unlike plain horses they can carry small loads like 80mm mortars (havent tried 120mm mortars or 45mm AT-guns and the small 75mm field guns yet).

AFAIK
Actually german mountain divisions did rely almost exclusivly on mules and donkeys (more mules) for carrying their moutain guns (usually parted in two loads).
They were much more "trittfest im Gebirge" (german) which means something like they walked better on steep mountain paths than horses.
Although there were/are other small german (austrian) mountain horses (Haflinger) that performed equally well at this task.

I dont know if "Pack Horses" are available in the WF or RS OOB Editors since I am not very familiar with them.
The EF OOB Editor contains them at least for the germans and russians.

I like the fact that Matrix included that small unit. [&o]

Countblue

Miamieagle -> RE: How about using Donckey and Mules unit to supply troops! (4/18/2008 7:02:40 PM)

I did know they where avaialble in the EF edition but we need them in the other two other editions.

countblue -> RE: How about using Donckey and Mules unit to supply troops! (4/18/2008 8:46:10 PM)

I found them "Pack Horses" in the OOB of Risisng Sun for Japanese, Americans and others but not French.

They are also in the OOB of WF for Amercans, Germans, Italians and British where the Brits even have pack camels and Yougoslav and Italian forces have too correspondendig horses.

I found all of them on the platoon level I didnt look in the higher organisations.

Countblue

dgk196 -> RE: How about using Donckey and Mules unit to supply troops! (4/19/2008 9:57:49 PM)

I must admit not considering this aspect. But yeah, with some scenarios being sufficiently long in duration, resupply would be a factor when conducting operations during some of these. And of course any unit that may be used for these purposes is relevant, I guess.

Is supply another one of those 'optional' aspects? Mostly, I think that I would prefer to let the computer handle this one. But if you had a scenario where getting the supplies through and then using them to achieve the mission, why not? A race against the 'clock' so to speak.

Dennis [:)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI