A VR question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room

hbrsvl -> A VR question (4/19/2008 4:15:26 PM)

Hi-Playing v1.806, scen. 14, Allies, early Nov. 43. For whatever reason, I've accumulated several squadrons of VR types at various island bases.(I know, I'm not supposed to take them off their CV-CVEs, but I did.)

Can these squadrons be withdrawn or folded up, to release pilots to the pool? If so, how? Or, is there some use I can make of them, since I cannot get them back aboard ship?

Many thanks, Hugh Browne

Terminus -> RE: A VR question (4/19/2008 4:38:28 PM)

No.

reninhat -> RE: A VR question (4/19/2008 4:57:11 PM)

Actually, you can.
By exchanging the squadron's plane type, you can get small fragement of the whole squadron.
Once the small squadron fragement flyes back on the deck of the CVE, you can exchange the squadron's plane again.
Now, you get whole your VR squadrons on deck.

saj42 -> RE: A VR question (4/19/2008 5:59:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: reninhat

Actually, you can.
By exchanging the squadron's plane type, you can get small fragement of the whole squadron.
Once the small squadron fragement flyes back on the deck of the CVE, you can exchange the squadron's plane again.
Now, you get whole your VR squadrons on deck.

No need to waste supply converting a/c type (and it only works if PDU=ON).
I suppose you could use the trick to load/unload to an AK so all a/c get damaged. When a handful are repaired move them to the CVE. Wait 'til a few more get repaired in the fragment and transfer those to the parent unit on CVE.

I always ensure the VR squadrons are set to 'NO REPLACEMENTS'

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI