In-Line Formation Question or Bug Report (depending) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> John Tiller's Battleground Series >> Battleground Series Support

lordhoff -> In-Line Formation Question or Bug Report (depending) (4/20/2008 1:00:05 PM)

Hi, played through many of the Murfreesboro (Chickamauga) scenarios and am now on "Crittendon's Attack". Something new has come up and I'm not sure if it is a bug or not. Many of my units (mainly those of the Right Wing), when in-line, have the red facing direction arrow between the two yellow lines instead of the lines on the broad side of the arrow. Wouldn't be a problem but the involved units lose a movement point plus face changes cost more (three mps instead of two). So, my question is, is this intended or some sort of bug (or I suppose my disc could be buggered as was mentioned in another unrelated thread [:'(] )?

What say ye all?

lordhoff -> RE: In-Line Formation Question or Bug Report (depending) (5/1/2008 9:03:02 AM)

Now really, someone could have told me this no matter how embarressing [:-]

When the series was still fairly new, a bought BG Gettysburg. I first played part of a short scenario to learn the game but found it intuitive so I moved onto the 3-day battle. First I played the CSA. I not only decisively defeated ol'Meade but by 10 times the points needed. OK, I tried the north and only won by 8x decisive. At this pont, I decided the AI was, well, not so good, so I played from then on manual vs manual. Because of this, I have not used skirmishers.

Guess what? The yellow facing arrow between the bars means skirmishers are deployed. I just decided to click on it since I have never done that before et voila'!

A: Not a bug. [:D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI