I think I'm done (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

themattcurtis -> I think I'm done (4/21/2008 4:47:35 PM)

I bought a ton of games from here. TOAW III, FPG, GOA, For Liberty, WPO, WITP.

My PC crashed, lost the word files that had my keys saved on them.

Then I tried to login into my account. And apparently I have NO registered games, even though I registered 'em all. Explain that to me[&:]

I don't have the energy to chase it down any further, and neither the $$ nor the drive, to rebuy all this stuff. Sucks, but what do you do? Some glitch with the membership area has decided I need to shelve all my games permanently.

Matt

Erik Rutins -> RE: I think I'm done (4/21/2008 5:09:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: themattcurtis
I bought a ton of games from here. TOAW III, FPG, GOA, For Liberty, WPO, WITP.
My PC crashed, lost the word files that had my keys saved on them.
Then I tried to login into my account. And apparently I have NO registered games, even though I registered 'em all. Explain that to me[&:]
I don't have the energy to chase it down any further, and neither the $$ nor the drive, to rebuy all this stuff. Sucks, but what do you do? Some glitch with the membership area has decided I need to shelve all my games permanently.

I'm sure you're frustrated right now, but do you always give up this easy? [;)]

My first question would be are you sure about what e-mail/account name you registered under? We've seen several instances where customers register some games under one e-mail, then others under another. If you send use your personal contact info we can look you up and see if we can find what your login is.

Second question, have you tried going to www.findmyorder.com where you can request any serial number for any purchase you've ever made?

Finally, I hope you did at least backup the installers, but if not you can request re-dowloads from www.findmyorder.com as well.

Regards,

- Erik

Joram -> RE: I think I'm done (4/21/2008 6:03:28 PM)

If you ordered it online for download, you should have an email with the serial #?  Between those emails and findmyorder, I restored all my games after my computer was stolen in January.  I never registered a single game and was still able to re-download them!  Course, after reading through other posts in this forum I'm not sure if that was working as designed, lol.

PunkReaper -> RE: I think I'm done (4/21/2008 6:10:26 PM)

Can't help you but you have my sympathies. A good reminder to all of us to back up the installer files. [:(]

panzers -> RE: I think I'm done (4/21/2008 8:33:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Punk Reaper

Can't help you but you have my sympathies. A good reminder to all of us to back up the installer files. [:(]

Tell me about it PR. I, myself learned the hard way for my WAWAWD is gone forever because I committed the crime of moving, so I will never be able to update that game again.

themattcurtis -> RE: I think I'm done (4/21/2008 10:22:24 PM)

GOT IT GOT IT[:D]

My problem was I bought just about everything through paypal -- not my card directly. But I just did a transaction history for the last year and got the order numbers, and from there the keys -- for about half my purchases so far. I'll get the rest later, but for now, at least, I know I can break GOA and TOAW III and the Campaign Series back out.

Big friggin relief :-)

Joram -> RE: I think I'm done (4/21/2008 10:32:01 PM)

Good to hear.  For the rest of it, just wait a few years and it will be free anyway!  [:'(]

PunkReaper -> RE: I think I'm done (4/21/2008 10:46:43 PM)

Well Done.....Your de man[&o]

cdbeck -> RE: I think I'm done (4/21/2008 11:54:01 PM)

I believe that everyone should know, that Erik is, by far, the most helpful game developer/producer/forum-troll on the planet. NEVER feel frustrated with a Matrix problem, always check with Erik first.

SoM

Agrippa -> RE: I think I'm done (4/28/2008 5:29:43 PM)

Erik is the best![:)]

Grell -> RE: I think I'm done (4/29/2008 2:25:56 PM)

Yes he is the best. He is always there answering questions, figuring out problems and so on.

Regards,

Greg

Fred98 -> RE: I think I'm done (4/30/2008 2:20:21 AM)

I use Hotmail. All important emails are stored in folders.

All paid for by the shareholders of Microsoft [:)]

k

Cmdrcain -> RE: I think I'm done (4/30/2008 7:39:38 AM)

Besides  a backup of the installer (as in first version) files onto a cdrom or  dvdrom... in fact
make multiple copys... and verify they work..

You really should buy a few pocket memo books , kind can put in shirt pocket and write in there all game serial numbers
and for what games... keep a copy in your pc desk, keep another copy elsewhere thats safe..

Email can go poof if lose your HD..

Shoould also do it for any  forum login/passwords... 

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI