When will this game be released? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad

Noakesy -> When will this game be released? (4/23/2008 9:52:57 AM)

This looks an interesting game, and I've always wanted to play a pc version of something akin to Squad Leader and this appears to fit the bill. When do you think this is likely to be released?

Terminus -> RE: When will this game be released? (4/23/2008 8:56:33 PM)

When it's done.

Matrix never give out release date until the day before...

Joshuatree -> RE: When will this game be released? (4/25/2008 5:27:08 PM)

I thought it was scheduled for June...

http://www.locknloadgame.com/forum1/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=822&whichpage=7

Not "official" though, soooo, hang in there.

Hertston -> RE: When will this game be released? (5/13/2008 10:24:49 PM)

It seems that board isn't accepting any new registrations for some reason? Not a great selling point for the game.

Joshuatree -> RE: When will this game be released? (5/13/2008 11:46:39 PM)

That's weird, I just logged in without any problem. MarkHWalker last LnLoad post was 8 May... sooo I guess it's still possible to be released in June.... fingers crossed.

McGlu -> RE: When will this game be released? (5/14/2008 4:04:55 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hertston

It seems that board isn't accepting any new registrations for some reason? Not a great selling point for the game.

Yeah, I ran into that a few weeks ago when I tried to register. I sent them an email, and they replied really quick. They had to disable registration due to spammers. I'm sure they will turn it on again soon.

Punisher -> RE: When will this game be released? (5/28/2008 9:14:19 PM)

Any word on demo or new video avi's to view untill the games comes out?

THanks!

himmelstoss -> RE: When will this game be released? (5/29/2008 6:06:17 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Punisher

Any word on demo or new video avi's to view untill the games comes out?

THanks!

yeah, that would be nice, some news perhaps. [8D]

himmel

Howard7x -> RE: When will this game be released? (5/29/2008 6:10:56 PM)

Seeing as screenshots can be posted in these threads, im suprised that with Matrix being the publisher of this game there are not more screenshots and more information. I realise that alot of stuff is over at the designers forum, but im not a member and i dont feel that i should need to be a member of a group to access screenshots and info of an upcoming game. Thats really limiting your fanbase and potential customers. Me being one of them.

Come on lock 'n' Load, give us more information...[:-]

Hertston -> RE: When will this game be released? (5/29/2008 7:20:37 PM)

One thing I would like to know is what screen resolutions the game supports? Also how it scales; both screenshots and videos seem to show very large counters and a very small slice of map. I'm sure that makes the counter art look very pretty, but I'd rather see much more map at a glance if I'm running it in 1680 x 1050.

Still can't register for the forum. Not exactly the most welcoming of communities, is it?

himmelstoss -> RE: When will this game be released? (5/30/2008 5:02:43 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hertston

Still can't register for the forum. Not exactly the most welcoming of communities, is it?

yeah very disappointing considering that usually all other game forums here at matrix are thoroughly supported and welcoming to their clients.

it seems to me that the guys making this game have a superior complex going or somthin. [:(] very up-nosy imhop.

laters,

himmel

Joshuatree -> RE: When will this game be released? (5/30/2008 11:00:03 AM)

Nah I don't think so himmelstoss... I guess they are just working their *sses off. Quite busy so to speak. Well, we'll just have to wait and let the game speak for itself.

Marc von Martial -> RE: When will this game be released? (5/30/2008 12:44:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: himmelstoss
it seems to me that the guys making this game have a superior complex going or somthin. [:(] very up-nosy imhop.

Mark Walker is extreeeeeeemely busy currently. Nothing to do with a "complex" or something. And the convention season is about to open, which gives an extra workload.

The game is progressing very well, all maps are done, 3 need small updates. Sounds are being remastered currently , special effects are being integrated by Tom, etc. etc.

We will need to tackle the GUI before we post any more screenshots or videos.

himmelstoss -> RE: When will this game be released? (5/31/2008 3:10:40 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marc Schwanebeck

quote:

ORIGINAL: himmelstoss

Mark Walker is extreeeeeeemely busy currently. Nothing to do with a "complex" or something. And the convention season is about to open, which gives an extra workload.

The game is progressing very well, all maps are done, 3 need small updates. Sounds are being remastered currently , special effects are being integrated by Tom, etc. etc.

We will need to tackle the GUI before we post any more screenshots or videos.

wonderful than! [:)]

thx for the update,

himmel

Ramcat -> RE: When will this game be released? (6/1/2008 12:44:44 AM)

Would it be safe to say that the game will be released within, say, oh... a week or two? [:D]

TheHellPatrol -> RE: When will this game be released? (6/1/2008 6:02:35 AM)

[&o]Dammit!!!! Hurry Up!!!![&o][&o][&o][:D][;)][:'(][:)]

harley9699 -> RE: When will this game be released? (6/2/2008 10:52:12 AM)

What he said!!! [:D]
EXCEPT: Better late than buggy.

Idea: Have the Main Guys work on the game, send peons (or dribble-ons if you prefer) to the convention(s).

[image]local://upfiles/17074/EB7EDF857CD94AEAA87D37760FA930E4.gif[/image]

chucknra -> RE: When will this game be released? (6/4/2008 12:59:38 PM)

Anything on whether there will be a demo out prior to August's Convention?

GShock -> RE: When will this game be released? (6/4/2008 2:03:32 PM)

Guys u got to understand that it is a precise marketing goal to release information, including vids, screenshots and beta AARs of any game on behalf of any publisher in the world. Putting hassle is a good carrot to tell the DEVs to move quickly because they see interest in the game, however, do not forget that even an ample time window for a release date is premature until the game has arrived to the final beta stage (which doesn't seem the case) and that asking is pretty useless because if you were given a date, and that date was not respected, the setback would be huge. [:)]

Adhere to my philosophy: the later it's released = the better it's been devved and tested.

Patience! [8|]

TheHellPatrol -> RE: When will this game be released? (6/5/2008 12:18:37 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: GShock

Adhere to my philosophy: the later it's released = the better it's been devved and tested.

Patience! [8|]

Indeed, we don't want another Empire In Arms[8|][X(][:(].

jomni -> RE: When will this game be released? (6/11/2008 4:20:32 AM)

How many scenarios will this have?
And will we have a scenario builder?

andym -> RE: When will this game be released? (6/20/2008 7:45:55 PM)

Oooooo i cant wait for this to come out!!!

gre81 -> RE: When will this game be released? (6/21/2008 5:34:42 AM)

I found someplace today that listed the scenerios. Will see if I can locate again.

Punisher -> RE: When will this game be released? (6/21/2008 10:36:12 PM)

You can see some of the scenarios in the screen shots here: http://www.matrixgames.com/newsletter/june2008.html#QA

quote:

ORIGINAL: gre81

I found someplace today that listed the scenerios. Will see if I can locate again.

Vilhjalmr -> RE: When will this game be released? (7/2/2008 5:32:47 PM)

I had been holding my breath, hoping for an HoS demo to be released at Origins. However, it looks like the next big date on the horizon is the GenCon conference scheduled for August 14-17. Any hints, rumors, or otherwise to further whet our appetites? [:)]

sjd0309 -> RE: When will this game be released? (7/13/2008 5:13:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vilhjalmr

I had been holding my breath, hoping for an HoS demo to be released at Origins. However, it looks like the next big date on the horizon is the GenCon conference scheduled for August 14-17. Any hints, rumors, or otherwise to further whet our appetites? [:)]

On the Consim Forums Lock N Load Consim Forum Mark has mentioned the development of this game but he is very busy with his board game releases at the moment.

Mark has stated that development is continuing and he will probably NOT release a demo of this game for public consumption. He doesn't seem to believe in demos as a selling/promotional tool.

I don't necessarily agree with this strategy but I'm sure Matrix will keep us updated on the progress of this game as the series it is based on has a pretty good following and I think many will pick up the Matrix release when it is ready...

SJD

Joram -> RE: When will this game be released? (8/1/2008 2:19:56 AM)

That's common in the wargame industry unfortunately.  And unfortunately I think shortsighted. 

chucknra -> RE: When will this game be released? (8/5/2008 4:49:33 PM)

If Mark said there would probably not be a demo then he needs to change his website because it says "Mark H. Walker's Lock 'n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad for Windows PC will soon be available for pre-order. Keep checking back for the demo. Out soon!"

himmelstoss -> RE: When will this game be released? (8/5/2008 11:48:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: chucknra

If Mark said there would probably not be a demo then he needs to change his website because it says "Mark H. Walker's Lock 'n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad for Windows PC will soon be available for pre-order. Keep checking back for the demo. Out soon!"

LOL,...but noooo...he soooo biiiicyyy! can not give little silly customers little bit of looove...just soooo biiiizyyy..poor poor poopy mark! [:D][;)]

Hertston -> RE: When will this game be released? (8/15/2008 1:32:44 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joram

That's common in the wargame industry unfortunately.  And unfortunately I think shortsighted. 

It's common because many take the view demos of such games, regardless of how good they are, just don't gain any sales overall - or at least enough of them to justify the time in making one. Any wargamers swayed the right way are likely to be outnumbered by newcomers put off by "this SUCKS" posts scattered about from kiddies trying the demo and expecting an RTS game and/or something to put their top-end GPUs to work. The other reason is, in all honesty, how many people ever put the time in to really understand, say, a complex TBS game in a demo, as in reading a 150 page manual? Demos only ever give a surface impression... and all of what really counts in this case is 'under the hood'.

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI