Old Scenarios (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Scenario Design

josephw -> Old Scenarios (4/26/2008 8:09:31 PM)

I've only had the game foe a few months, very happy with it by the way, and I've noticed that there a lots of great scenarios avaliable all over the place, but I was wondering if there is a way to update some of the V1 scenarios so I could play them on V3

Silvanski -> RE: Old Scenarios (4/26/2008 9:28:39 PM)

See this thread

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1616478

Our friend Japlance has converted a bunch of scenarios

ColinWright -> RE: Old Scenarios (4/27/2008 7:21:27 AM)

Note that because of increased AA effectiveness, reduced early turn ending, and probably other things as well, converted scenarios may play significantly differently than they did when originally designed.

Silvanski -> RE: Old Scenarios (4/27/2008 12:42:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ColinWright

Note that because of increased AA effectiveness, reduced early turn ending, and probably other things as well, converted scenarios may play significantly differently than they did when originally designed.

Amount AA eqp needs to be lowered then, you know by what factor?

ColinWright -> RE: Old Scenarios (4/27/2008 6:11:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Silvanski

quote:

Amount AA eqp needs to be lowered then, you know by what factor?

Depends. For example, a lot of equipment has an AA value of one. That used to be marginal, now fifty or so such weapons in a unit make quite a killer.

For what it's worth, in one scenario, I've divided ship AA by five, the value of AA guns proper by three, and modified the rifle squads so they have no AA value. Something like that. It would depend what the effect of the AA fire is and you think it should be.

Silvanski -> RE: Old Scenarios (4/27/2008 8:07:53 PM)

quote:

For what it's worth, in one scenario, I've divided ship AA by five, the value of AA guns proper by three, and modified the rifle squads so they have no AA value. Something like that. It would depend what the effect of the AA fire is and you think it should be.

OK, that's a pointer thanks[sm=00000436.gif], but as usual a little experimenting will be needed

Curtis Lemay -> RE: Old Scenarios (4/28/2008 4:45:15 PM)

Be aware that version 3.3 (assuming it ever gets posted) will factor AAA lethality by 0.4.

secadegas -> RE: Old Scenarios (4/30/2008 6:04:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Curtis Lemay

(...) version 3.3 (assuming it ever gets posted) (...)

Why not?

I'm willing to pay...[sm=00000116.gif] for it. Can't stand the jumping sceen no more...

ColinWright -> RE: Old Scenarios (5/1/2008 9:07:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Silvanski

quote:

OK, that's a pointer thanks[sm=00000436.gif], but as usual a little experimenting will be needed

Oh definitely. For one thing, what's appropriate for one scenario won't be appropriate for another. TOAW assumes that all battles are essentially the same. That's a useful concept -- but hardly an unqualified truth.

Really, one would need to have some familiarity with what actually happened in each case. Then play the scenario, and adjust things until the results start to resemble what actually occurred. I.e., if SG 103 supported the attack on the infantry division at _____ and historically felt quite chipper afterwards, with two planes damaged and one shot down, something's wrong if the scenario's yielding losses of 28 out of 36 aircraft engaged.

Of course, all that would be a lot of work...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI