No win for Axis: (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Commander - Europe at War Gold

Sfox28 -> No win for Axis: (5/3/2008 7:06:27 AM)

I don't know what everybody is drinking or what drugs your taking...esp...after the patches??? Even with super advantage the Axis cannot win in the '39, '40, or '41 scenarios against the Allied AI. You cannot stop the Allied PP's! The meager u-boats can't do it and there must be some sort of adjustment to the pp's, because in all of these scenarios you cannot go as fast as History did! The Allies should not be landing on mainland Europe (in force..with what seems to be a nuclear Navy that is everywhere) in April of '42 and in every game I've tried THEY DO! In order to advance anywhere near what was historical (German advance) you have to wait till almost winter '41 to attack them (the Soviets). Better yet...they attack you then! It is impossible in these scenarios to get as many pp's as in '41, yet with the '41 scenario the Soviets seem to get an endless supply of pp's from somewhere and the USA is not even in the war yet! Maybe, this game was easy for the Axis before patches but it sure is NOT anywhere near historical or otherwise these days! I mean, I know the Axis will most likely loose but not full scale European landings only 3 months after the US is in the WAR! I have won with super advantage (as Axis) in the '42 scenario and I have held off the Allies till June '45 in the '44 & '43 scenarios. I cannot see how you could ever do as well as the Axis did pre-'42!!! If I play anymore, it will be from the '42 scenario on. As for playing the Allies...I'm in Berlin in '43 even giving the Axis super advantage! Where am I going wrong? Please show me the light? LOL!

panzers -> RE: No win for Axis: (5/4/2008 10:15:19 AM)

The '39 scenerio is the easiest of all of them because you get to play your war.
If you play under normal, you should get somewhere around 100-110 combat rediness for the Germans which should be plenty to get you going in the war. You need to concentrate your techs on industry, submarines, and planes(particularly dog fights), with slightly smaller in infintry and tanks. That is if you want to neutrlize the west and prevent any half assed allied landing. They won't last long because if your u boats don't sink them, surely your tacs will. As for uboats, you definitly want to invest on tech for those bad boys. Later in the war, each boat does like 20 damage to shipping lanes. You could easily wipe out every russion supply line from the atlantic depending how many boats you have.
The other strategy, of course is the land stategy. The onus should be tanks., infintry 2, and planes 3, and get the general production going also with the last being the uboats. You'll get your allied landings, but they'll be out of supply the next turn and you are two mech operational movement away from toasting whatevwer he has left unsuppled. With the 3rd in the depth chart for the planes, it still puts you on par with the english planes. As for the war in the Atlantic: the transports are tasty indeed, but if you really want to put a hurting on the allies: go after the ships that are in yellow or worse. Let them have their supplies that time around. That is one less ship coming after you and another 6 tuns of build time while at the same time you would have 2 subs back.
Trust me when I say, the allies could ill afford to lose any capital ships. That sends their industry reeling almost in panic mode. It is a very big deal when they lose a capital ship. I find losing as little as one ship sometimes completely alters their strategy in the atlantic. Especially if it were a destroyer ot even a carrier. Invest heavily on blitzkrieg for armor and shock for infintry with a secondary on armor for them, and concentrate almost entirely on fighter technology. You might want to have some thing for close air support for you tac bombers. I would wait at least 2 years before you buy any str bombers( hopefully, your subs are doing their job for you as much as can be possible)
By usung this strategy, your tanks will be on par with the Russions with the big difference being experience, and you will find out, quickly how powerful your infintry and mech units stack up against them as well
If you want to get a little extra cash, make sure you go with Norway and keep a corp there for when you also attack sweden later in the game but before Russia. It is surprisingly easy and you get the iron ore resourse, of course.
I have my own strategy that I am using these days, but if I ever get an email game going, I don't want to give everything away.
As far as that goes: it's just a matter of trying to figure out how it works.
If you follow these guideline, the game should astually go pretty smoothly for you. Even the Italianns have a slight edge in the med, although harder now that the expansion has come along. It iused to be the Italiams would end up in baku, but that's pretty much out of the question now with the enhanced units in Syria.

Sfox28 -> RE: No win for Axis: (5/4/2008 12:07:52 PM)

Hey panzers, thanks for the reply. I'm not dising anything you say but I would like to know where your going to get enough PP's to do all the building that your talking about? Sweden? Yeah, there are some things there but it seems that it takes 6mos to take France even if you start early. As far as attacking Capital ships early...might be a plan but attacking Lend Lease gets your u-boats sunk real fast...esp when they bring up the destroyers. Your always busy replacing troops, air and armor with your pp's. Hey, I'm sure I haven't tried everything yet but it just dosen't seem to work real well for me at the moment. Mahalo for your help and anyone elses.....

panzers -> RE: No win for Axis: (5/4/2008 10:09:53 PM)

I am able to do it by putting the focus point on industry to max it out and in the process, your organization willl max out soon after which is huge.
What I do is try to not buy too many things after the first year or so(after France) and allow my units to get exp and upgrades while I do the little things like Yugoslavia, but not Greece. Then the Balkins will come in shortly before Russia, and in the meantime, that should leave you plenty of time for sweden. Even if it is still there for a couple of turns after barbarrossa, it will be worth it. It is 1 pp more than Greece and far easier. Before you know it, you should have plenty of money to buold things by then and start to really do some damage as by then you should start to get some pretty high quality equiopment. Also, I max out my techs. I find that to be very important. Once you are at war with Russia, if you need to upgrade or repair, I wait until the winter to do that as it would take forever to get your units back to the front lines anyway. If you use the tech strategy I gave you, your planes in Russia should have plenty of time to repair and upgrade, Not so much in europe, however, but you always have to keep up with the brits so upgrading at some pooint is a requirement.
In Russia, their fighters are always running away because of the hard push in the beginning, so you'll have the luxury of doing preemtive ground strikes on the opposing units and cities. Hope this helps.

4afc -> RE: No win for Axis: (6/21/2008 8:11:02 PM)

You can win with the Axis in 1941. Setting large advantage for the Allies.

It's pretty easy. Poland, Low Counties, Belgum, France, UK. No invest in tech. Build 3 tac bombers.

4afc

[image]local://upfiles/25321/8EAC5EF591C64175BE56686345B725E9.jpg[/image]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI