A assigned alliance when neither side asks or accepts (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support

trw2264 -> A assigned alliance when neither side asks or accepts (5/5/2008 4:25:43 AM)

In the game cleaverdevils2 we had an interesting experience. Spain (me) agreed to an alliance with Russia (another human opponent) when neither party asked for nor did Spain have the box checked to automatically accept an alliance from Russia. The only box for accepting an alliance was with France and that was set many turns back and has not been changed. Nor did I, during my diplo phase, even look at any Russian territory to allow for an accidental clicking of Russia and then to ask for an alliance.

My understanding is that Guy will post the file for you guys to study after this post is completed.

Thanks,
Thomas Whitfield

gwheelock -> RE: A assigned alliance when neither side asks or accepts (5/5/2008 5:17:58 AM)

Here is a copy of the game backup files just prior to the Feb 1805 Russian diplomacy
phase. Player is France; pw is "heaven"

gwheelock -> RE: A assigned alliance when neither side asks or accepts (5/5/2008 5:22:18 AM)

And here is a full set of all of the Feb 1806 diplomacy turn files that were processed.

trw2264 -> RE: A assigned alliance when neither side asks or accepts (5/5/2008 6:05:06 AM)

Heard from the Russian player and he did and has been requesting an alliance for many months, Spain did not know, so Spain (the program [:D]) accepted a Russian alliance, without the Spanish player accepting it.

bresh -> RE: A assigned alliance when neither side asks or accepts (5/5/2008 11:26:41 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: trw2264

Heard from the Russian player and he did and has been requesting an alliance for many months, Spain did not know, so Spain (the program [:D]) accepted a Russian alliance, without the Spanish player accepting it.

Nice, he just bribe the right diplomats i guess ;)

Regards
Bresh

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI