Game seeking players (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Opponents Wanted

Hakmeister -> Game seeking players (5/7/2008 3:49:36 AM)

I recently purchased the game, so I'm still a novice. I've only used the standard supply rules, but I can adapt to the advanced supply rules if that's what another player wants.

1v1: I'll happily play a 1v1 game, Allies would be my preference.

2v2: I'm willing to try a 2v2 games, Allies or Russia/China would be my preference.

Let me know if interested.

GShock -> RE: Game seeking players (5/7/2008 8:48:49 AM)

I'm  novice too, i'd love to play a 2v2...1v1 is too much for me, hak. Let's see if we can find 2 more plys :)

Bjering -> RE: Game seeking players (5/7/2008 3:08:01 PM)

If you play with the advanced supply rules, FOW, etc. And you dont mind an intermediate player I would be happy to join!

GShock -> RE: Game seeking players (5/7/2008 6:45:26 PM)

I play full advanced. It's lovely, i suggest you to try it. If you've noticed, there's an AAR with 2v2 going on...i believe we'd have luck in finding the players when that game ends and i see it's late in 45 so it can't last much longer (the nuke will come sooner or later). Anyway i'd be ready next week even for the 1v1. Let's see how it goes. And let's see if someone else is interested in joining, would still be my first pbem with awd so a more experienced host than me and you would be welcome.

Hakmeister -> RE: Game seeking players (5/8/2008 2:56:59 AM)

I'll work with either 2v2 or 1v1. FOW is a must, and I'm itching to try advanced supply rules.

I don't mind an intermediate player -- in fact, your experience would be of value in answering any questions I might have on supply. I have many years experience with wargames, so I'm only a novice to this gaming system. Other than that, I've been playing wargames for 35 years. Hopefully my creaky brain can conjure up plenty of headaches for you.

As I have stated, I'm more than willing to play Russia/China. I've noticed that combination is typically last on most players' lists. I'm happy to take up the challenge.

In any event, we need one more player, or we can play a 1v2 game as well. This can be Axis vs Russia/China + Western Allies, or Germany + Japan vs Allied. I'm open to any combinations.

revalry -> RE: Game seeking players (5/8/2008 4:34:40 AM)

revalry@hotmail.com

would like to play you. I can make daily moves.

GShock -> RE: Game seeking players (5/8/2008 10:01:49 AM)

Let's see how many players we can find total before taking decision :-)
Any side-country-scenario is ok with me provided we play the advanced rules.

Bjering -> RE: Game seeking players (5/8/2008 12:42:30 PM)

If my number crunching skills doesn't fail me it seems revalry takes us up to four players, lets get going. I happy to play any power.

Hakmeister -> RE: Game seeking players (5/9/2008 4:09:11 AM)

Okay, that's Hakmeister (me), GShock, Bjering, and Revalry.  Who wants Axis and who wants Allies?

Germany -
Japan -
Russia/China - Hakmeister - if no one minds
Western Allies -

Hakmeister -> RE: Game seeking players (5/10/2008 3:42:16 AM)

Game Options:

Advanced Supply - check
Fog of War - check
Auto Supply - no
Area Supply - no
No Auto Victory - check
No End Date - no

Are these all acceptable to the players?  Any changes to be recommended?

National preferences?  I would prefer RU/CH, WA, GE, JP in that order.

Bjering -> RE: Game seeking players (5/10/2008 11:14:31 AM)

I assume we are playing the standard 39 scenario with v1.020.

Regarding the options, the only thing I wonder about is playing without the threat of auto-victory, I think it will make for a less intense mid-game. I prefere to play with it on.

I am really open to play any world power, but to get this going, my national preferences are: WA, GE, JP, RU/CH

Hakmeister -> RE: Game seeking players (5/10/2008 4:10:44 PM)

Then No Auto Victory is no.  Anyone want to play GE?  JP?

GE - open (GShock?)
JP - open (Revalry?) - email at revalry@hotmail.com
RU/CH - Hakmeister? - email at jhello@rochester.rr.com
WA - Bjering?

MrQuiet -> RE: Game seeking players (5/10/2008 5:19:39 PM)

Nice to see the interest in here for newer players to take on a 2 vs 2 pbem.
I just want to pre-warn you that most 2 vs 2 games never finish. [&:]
I think it is becasue the players lose track of whos turn it currently is due to many possible reasons (forget to send file, lost files etc)

So I would suggest once you get the game going that you start a thread in the AAR section of the forum and have each player post after he sends his turn. Optionally they could also post a screenshot from there turn to make the AAR more interesting. In version 1.02 you can load a turn in 'view only mode' and entering no password will only reveal FOW on areas everyone can see.

Good Luck and I hope you truely enjoy this great Global WWII Game via PBEM
-MrQ

GShock -> RE: Game seeking players (5/13/2008 2:22:32 PM)

I can't play Germany, come on it's too hard for a newby like me. I'd take Japan willingly though :)

Id' like to use the Area Supply and Auto Supply rules also.

Pls excuse me if i am slow with the forums. I'm intensely and intensively testing war Between the States.

Here's my mail (which is also MSN) eapint@hotmail.com

Jonathan Pollard -> RE: Game seeking players (5/18/2008 6:13:45 AM)

I don't think I'll have enough time to play a big major but if you'd consider making this game a 3 vs 2 I'd be willing to take China.

noel60 -> RE: Game seeking players (5/18/2008 6:42:07 AM)

I can play a side if you guys want another player.

noel60 -> RE: Game seeking players (5/18/2008 7:27:02 AM)

I can play germany.

rjh1971 -> RE: Game seeking players (5/19/2008 1:14:30 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: GShock

I can't play Germany, come on it's too hard for a newby like me. I'd take Japan willingly though :)

Id' like to use the Area Supply and Auto Supply rules also.

Pls excuse me if i am slow with the forums. I'm intensely and intensively testing war Between the States.

Here's my mail (which is also MSN) eapint@hotmail.com

Hi Gshock, imho playing Japan is harder than playing Germany, with Japan you will never have enough resources, one false move and you're probably doomed.

As to Area Supply and Auto Supply rules get rid of them as soon as possible, they're more a nuisance than a help, believe me.

Maybe we could play AWD after we start finish our WBTS game [;)], I was a tester for this GEM also, imo BEST strategy game ever.[:)][8D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI