Crown of Glory: The Emperor’s Edition question... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory

przy06 -> Crown of Glory: The Emperor’s Edition question... (5/8/2008 5:19:06 AM)

....was wondering if there will be detailed combat like in Forge of Freedom, with the sprites and all. Will more than likely pick this up when released. Thanks for any info.

P.S.

Any way to get a timeframe on a release date? [;)]

Gil R. -> RE: Crown of Glory: The Emperor’s Edition question... (5/8/2008 6:34:50 AM)

COG has always had detailed combat as well as strategic, and FOF was made from the same engine. But here's some news that I'm publicly announcing here for the first time: one of the new features for COG:EE is that in addition to the division-level detailed combat that we already had we've added brigade-level detailed combat. This means that every time you fight a battle that is large enough for detailed battle you'll be given a choice. So far, the testers are reporting positive reactions to the brigade-level option, and I myself am quite pleased with what I've seen.

No word on the release date yet, but we're still shooting for the second half of the summer.

moose1999 -> RE: Crown of Glory: The Emperor’s Edition question... (5/11/2008 11:40:11 AM)

This is really good news - I've been hoping for this ever since word of the expansion got out!
Does this mean the unit customizations from FOF will also be carried over - i.e. assignment of flags, weapons, abilities etc...?
And will Pixelpushers wonderful sprites be there too, in new, European versions?
And will there be legendary units?
And generals?
And unit histories/statistics?

I know I'm asking for too much...

ericbabe -> RE: Crown of Glory: The Emperor’s Edition question... (5/11/2008 9:16:25 PM)

We didn't have the budget/time to redo many of the graphics.  COG:EE isn't quite a full blown sequel, so we had to budget our work within the expectation of sales accordingly.  The main area of graphical improvement is on the strategic map: we are working on a new map, with all new graphics and many new provinces.  In general, we really tried to prioritize the improvements to the game based on customer feedback, and there wasn't much of a call to change the detailed combat graphics (and in our reviews FOF received only an average 10% higher rating for graphics than COG did.)

As for mechanisms imported from FOF, we took a poll thread a few months ago asking players which features they'd like to see imported from FOF into COG:EE.  The #1 feature was Special Abilities, and so we've come up with a list of 50 Special Abilities for COG units (for both land and naval detailed battles).  The other customizations don't make quite as much sense in the Napoleonic era:  weapons really don't vary during that period all that much, and we haven't found enough source material for flags to justify implementing a mechanism for flag customization.  We've added some of the statistics.  We may be starting some divisions with special abilities and giving them names after legendary units, but there won't be a big game mechanism for it ala FOF...as with the flags, there just isn't enough source material to generate an extensive list of legendary units.  Generals will operate much as in COG, but the system may be tweaked if the schedule allows.

moose1999 -> RE: Crown of Glory: The Emperor’s Edition question... (5/12/2008 1:07:35 AM)

Thanks for responding, Eric.
You make a lot of sense (as usual) - I know quite a bit of that periods history and you are right - details about specific units can be very sparse.
It's more centered around the different types of units, often on a country vs. country scale, and then of course the generals.
Don't know much about the weapons - but I'll take your word for it.
But I'll still be a little sad that Pixelpusher's sprites aren't in. I just like them so much...
They really bring life and atmosphere to the  battelfield, I think [:)].
Anyway, the expansion looks like it's going to be a blast - looking forward to it.

vonbert -> RE: Crown of Glory: The Emperor’s Edition question... (5/22/2008 4:07:01 PM)

generals ?

I played COG 1.26,  i post here a suggestion..
i noticed , if im not wrong, that NEW generals come out randomly after some battles .
While playing i was in lack of generals for some corps/armies..
would not be possible to have a "pool of available generals" ..from wich player can "buy/enroll" generals when needed ?
(maybe with high price for them relative to their strenght )
Btw, that era was common to have foreign generals serving in other countries. 

Im sure is too late for this.. but maybe is something can be easily done..

MemnonCT -> RE: Crown of Glory: The Emperor’s Edition question... (7/26/2008 3:57:09 PM)

Regarding units and modding.

If the Mapunits are similar in format to the first Crown of Glory, can each nation have it's own alpha file? This would make it possible for players to personalize units for each nation.

jnpoint -> RE: Crown of Glory: The Emperor’s Edition question... (7/26/2008 7:36:55 PM)

wow, a division-level detailed combat and a brigade-level detailed combat, thats sound terrific, and also the special abilities, but I do agree with briny_norman about the atmosphere in FOF, isn't the same in COG

Gil R. -> RE: Crown of Glory: The Emperor’s Edition question... (7/26/2008 9:45:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MemnonCT

Regarding units and modding.

If the Mapunits are similar in format to the first Crown of Glory, can each nation have it's own alpha file? This would make it possible for players to personalize units for each nation.

That should be the case.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI