Counterbattery fire ?? How.. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

fdlu -> Counterbattery fire ?? How.. (9/29/2000 11:53:00 PM)

How does CB fire work. I havenīt seen it. (I have not played that much and small battles besides.) Just a general question. Any explanations ?? When does it "kick in" ?? Thanks for the help.

Fredde -> (9/30/2000 12:01:00 AM)

I think, whenever you fire your off-map artillery, the enemy off-map artillery gets a random chance to shoot back at at you. If they hit, your artillery can take damage ;-)

Paul Vebber -> (9/30/2000 1:11:00 AM)

CB routines have been fixed in 4.1 - it should much rarer an occurance now.

Kharan -> (9/30/2000 1:44:00 AM)

Hopefully also in v4.1 CB won't wipe all the ammo out like it does now.

Arralen -> (9/30/2000 9:49:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by Paul Vebber: CB routines have been fixed in 4.1 - it should much rarer an occurance now.
Rarer? Do you say rarer ? I never saw any CB in v2.3, and even in the 2 or 3 battle3 with v4.0 .. no CB ?! Ok, maybe in there wasn't any enemy OBA in these last battles . not shure about at the moment.. but with v2.3 I had multiple battles which plentiful enemy OBA .. ?! I'll wait and see what v4.1 brings us [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img] Arralen

cjpaul -> (9/30/2000 6:11:00 PM)

I played a campaign in v2.3 as the Germans solely versus the Russians and I had a battalion of 150mm. By '44 they had become elite, i.e experience over 100. They would repeatedly CBF and they destroyed, in some battles, upto 12 Russian batteries. Since v4.1 has changed CBF, it will be interesting to so how frequent CBF is. I have seen it in v4.0 but it has not been so frequent as in earlier versions. If I understand it right, CBF will happen if a battery is not shelling positions and if the crew passes an experience check. [This message has been edited by cjpaul (edited September 30, 2000).]

Voriax -> (9/30/2000 8:31:00 PM)

Well...I think I've yet to play a scenario where there wasn't CB fire from either side (4.0) Although it happens less often from my side as I tend to use whatever arty I have insted of letting it sit still waiting for a chance to do CB fire. One thing to remember is that if you buy light arty it's normally shorter ranged than heavy guns..and I think computer likes to buy heavier stuff. Thus in a case where you have 105mm arty and computer has 155mm guns, AI can CB you but you cannot CB the AI because your guns don't have enough range. Voriax

Blackbird -> (10/1/2000 7:02:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by Voriax: One thing to remember is that if you buy light arty it's normally shorter ranged than heavy guns..and I think computer likes to buy heavier stuff. Thus in a case where you have 105mm arty and computer has 155mm guns, AI can CB you but you cannot CB the AI because your guns don't have enough range.
And that's the problem with Russian 203mm. Is there anybody playing for them and buying some smaller OBA? It will destroy most enemy OBA, and it's cheap for what it gives.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI