Fighter Sweeps (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series

Arkady -> Fighter Sweeps (5/12/2008 7:42:08 PM)

Hi,
what is best method to win airsuperiority ?

Is there any way to conduct fighter sweeps ?

If I select ground unit or city as a target to provoke intercept I suffer losses from AA fire too.
I want just sent fighters to dogfight enemy planes. Is it possible ?

Arkady

Herode_2 -> RE: Fighter Sweeps (5/12/2008 7:44:09 PM)

You could launch a reconnaissance mission. This triggers interception as well as attacks.

Arkady -> RE: Fighter Sweeps (5/12/2008 8:21:36 PM)

I don't think so, it will show intercept screen but no combat occur = 0 losses

Barthheart -> RE: Fighter Sweeps (5/12/2008 8:31:20 PM)

Then you got lucky... or unlucky as it may be.

Fighters will intercept other planes on recon missions, and shoot them down if that's what the combat results are. I've lost fighters doing recce as fighter sweep....

Delyn Locksmiths -> RE: Fighter Sweeps (5/12/2008 9:37:30 PM)

You can attack the airbases. If you do so with bombers as well, then even if you don't shoot down every plane that scrambles to defend, you might destroy the airbase and so leave them crippled anyway.

elmo3 -> RE: Fighter Sweeps (5/12/2008 10:39:53 PM)

If an airfield is located in a town is it automatically damaged if the town is bombed? If not, how do you designate the airfield as the target rather than the town?

Do villages/towns automatically have airfields or is it only city and above that have airfields.

I couldn't find any answers in the manual.

Joshuatree -> RE: Fighter Sweeps (5/12/2008 11:17:38 PM)

A city or town = an airfield gamewise. You cannot attack the airfield separately, but as you damage the city/town the readiness of the planes gets lowered too, so does the action radius of the planes. If the city/ town, or airfield for that matter, is bombed is next to zero, then the enemy planes almost have no action radius left. You can check that out for yourself by transferring a airplane unit to a damaged town/ airfield. The game then gives a warning : "are you sure ...blablabla"  If you continue with this transfer, because you want your planes close to the front, you'll see that the readiness and action radius of your planes gets lowered... sometimes *a lot* depending of how much the city/ airfield was damaged. 

Joshuatree -> RE: Fighter Sweeps (5/12/2008 11:22:14 PM)

Small addition. If you really want to hurt his airfields/ towns, you are much better off using strategic bombers. 10 lvl 2-3 bombers can wipe out such a target in one attack. Every battle hurts the enemies infrastructure, but str. bombers rule.

zook08 -> RE: Fighter Sweeps (5/13/2008 3:01:31 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: elmo3
Do villages/towns automatically have airfields or is it only city and above that have airfields.

Usually yes, but like almost everything in AT, scenarios can change city attributes. If in doubt, see the Location tab in the statistics screen.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI