Any word on the patch? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series

osiris_slith -> Any word on the patch? (5/14/2008 10:38:36 PM)

Hi

Any word on the patch? I have a LCG Im working on but dont want to go any further till the patch comes out.

Rene

Jason Petho -> RE: Any word on the patch? (5/14/2008 11:30:01 PM)

Fairly soon, I would imagine.

Jason Petho

kg_1007 -> RE: Any word on the patch? (5/15/2008 1:37:28 AM)

My guess is that each time a topic like this comes up, Jason etc. cringe I am sure it is as hard for Jason and the rest to be patient as it is for any of us. I very much hope it hurries, but am more cynical and probably wouldnt believe until it was actually out, even if he answered that it would be out in the morning. I also learned from playing a lot of games like this, that almost immediately on release, there will start being questions on the status of 1.04 [:)]

Vincenzo_Beretta -> RE: Any word on the patch? (5/15/2008 2:06:35 PM)

Due to unforseen circumstances, Matrix announces that patch 1.04 will be published a full week before patch 1.03.

"I knew that patch 1.03 was unusually late", said Jason Petho in a statement "but I find this a little bit bewildering". Meanwhile the forum is already bristling from anticipation for the new 1.04 patch and its features! [:D]

(For those in the knowing, this was from an old joke about Falcon 5.0 being published six months before Falcon 4.0... those were the days [:)] )

Miamieagle -> RE: Any word on the patch? (5/16/2008 3:02:24 AM)

Now thats a funny post!LoL

e_barkmann -> RE: Any word on the patch? (5/16/2008 3:34:08 AM)

from experience, translating what the developer submits as a game manual to what the end product actually looks like - is a fairly intensive and time consuming process.

cheers

Borst50 -> RE: Any word on the patch? (5/16/2008 5:31:40 AM)

[:D][:D][:D] Yeah...but geez...I have to be somewhere on new years day!!!!

Miamieagle -> RE: Any word on the patch? (5/17/2008 4:09:09 AM)

Or maybe longer!LoL

Jason Petho -> RE: Any word on the patch? (5/17/2008 6:57:10 AM)

I guess the real question is, which New Years will it be?

2009? 2010? 2020?

Jason Petho

dgk196 -> RE: Any word on the patch? (5/17/2008 7:42:37 AM)

If I read you guys right, its due out just after 'JTCS II'?

Dennis [;)]

tide1212 -> RE: Any word on the patch? (5/17/2008 8:25:48 PM)

That sounds about right Dennis [;)]

Gary

Borst50 -> RE: Any word on the patch? (5/17/2008 8:55:47 PM)

yeah...but at MY age...every single day counts....lol.....I am NOT getting any younger

Ladmo -> RE: Any word on the patch? (5/17/2008 10:25:12 PM)

I'm fortunate. I must be getting younger. Why else would my wife repeatedly make observations on my immaturity?

Ron Belcher -> RE: Any word on the patch? (5/18/2008 12:24:37 PM)

[&o]I make certain I pray to the patch gods... sacrifice a few Panther's here and there... shall remain calm and
vigilant towards the v1.03[&o]

___________________________________________________________________________________________

"No, the World isn't divided between the North and South... rather between Latitude and Longtitude [;)]"

Grell -> RE: Any word on the patch? (5/18/2008 3:25:44 PM)

That's the style![:)]

Regards,

Greg

Borst50 -> RE: Any word on the patch? (5/18/2008 6:59:56 PM)

I am wondering if cryogenics is an option? But please...someone remember to thaw me out once 1.03 hits the net.[X(]

Hermann -> RE: Any word on the patch? (5/18/2008 9:09:43 PM)

I'm already disappointed in the v1.03 issue - hopefully it'll get the game playeable enough ( restoration of origional OB's ) to be able to continue playing campaigns and unlock the current stagnation as regards design. I honestly don't believe theres been enough transparency on the part of Matrix... Releasing absolutely no details on the patch is setting everyone up for major disappointment ... not allowing debate is silly. One of the major issues I had with the first few patches was the total unplayeability of the camapigns due to the hundreds of new units added to the game and the failure to address the current initial deployment problems. It's my assumption that those problems weren't addressed. We've got a great deal of new candy for the scenario designers, but no ones taken into account the low quantity and low playeability of new scenarios. My interest in the game is creating workeable campaigns with a realistic flow be they dcg or Lcg and a more realistic setup - I'm currently thinking that putting nothing on the map and allowing a player to place units from the oob is the best option given the absolute lack of input from any of the mysterious powers that be. I'm realising that Jason's role is spokesman for , rather than initiator of change and that his focus is on some very reckless OOB changes - That leads us back to WHO is doing the overall planning as regards changes to the basic mechanics, graphics etc...
Patch 1.03 is a disappointment to me because of the hype - the delay , lack of transparency and the obvious realisation that it's merely a revision with a few minor bug fixes and more confusing OOB tampering that has no relation to game play. You want to tell me that you've solved the Camapign setup problem I'm all ears.. Cave bug fixed ? Yay ! Relevant campaign missions ? User friendly setup ? Adjustment of combat results to make for more realistic gameplay ? New assault rules ? Anything ?
If the patch was being handled in an expeditious fashion I'm all for a little secrecy. The Matrix of Myanmar approach is just showing me that the patch is going to be very disappointing and definetely not worth the hype..

Jason Petho -> RE: Any word on the patch? (5/19/2008 1:36:41 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hermann

I'm already disappointed in the v1.03 issue - hopefully it'll get the game playeable enough ( restoration of origional OB's ) to be able to continue playing campaigns and unlock the current stagnation as regards design. I honestly don't believe theres been enough transparency on the part of Matrix... Releasing absolutely no details on the patch is setting everyone up for major disappointment ... not allowing debate is silly. One of the major issues I had with the first few patches was the total unplayeability of the camapigns due to the hundreds of new units added to the game and the failure to address the current initial deployment problems. It's my assumption that those problems weren't addressed. We've got a great deal of new candy for the scenario designers, but no ones taken into account the low quantity and low playeability of new scenarios. My interest in the game is creating workeable campaigns with a realistic flow be they dcg or Lcg and a more realistic setup - I'm currently thinking that putting nothing on the map and allowing a player to place units from the oob is the best option given the absolute lack of input from any of the mysterious powers that be. I'm realising that Jason's role is spokesman for , rather than initiator of change and that his focus is on some very reckless OOB changes - That leads us back to WHO is doing the overall planning as regards changes to the basic mechanics, graphics etc...
Patch 1.03 is a disappointment to me because of the hype - the delay , lack of transparency and the obvious realisation that it's merely a revision with a few minor bug fixes and more confusing OOB tampering that has no relation to game play. You want to tell me that you've solved the Camapign setup problem I'm all ears.. Cave bug fixed ? Yay ! Relevant campaign missions ? User friendly setup ? Adjustment of combat results to make for more realistic gameplay ? New assault rules ? Anything ?
If the patch was being handled in an expeditious fashion I'm all for a little secrecy. The Matrix of Myanmar approach is just showing me that the patch is going to be very disappointing and definetely not worth the hype..

Did you happen to read post #9 in this thread?

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1768296

Jason Petho

Erik Rutins -> RE: Any word on the patch? (5/19/2008 3:35:06 AM)

Please read Jason's post - 1.03 is worth the wait. It would have been out already if not for the manual work required, which is always an area that moves slowly. We expect the manual work to be completed by the end of this coming week, with any luck.

kg_1007 -> RE: Any word on the patch? (5/19/2008 4:58:27 AM)

I have to say, I am very surprised anyone would post such an ill-thought out note as Hermann just did above. It is factually inaccurate in many ways, as noted also above, there have been already notes of what is included in the patch. In playing now for several weeks, I too am eagerly awaiting the 1.03, however, I have yet to see ANYTHING that makes the game unplayable,as any 'game' it has things that in a perfect world I would like to see included, but it is one of the top 3 games I have ever played thus far, and that spans 15 years of playing.

BAL -> RE: Any word on the patch? (5/19/2008 5:15:33 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hermann

I'm already disappointed in the v1.03 issue - ... The Matrix of Myanmar approach is just showing me that the patch is going to be very disappointing and definetely not worth the hype..

Lighten up, Francis. [:-]

Borst50 -> RE: Any word on the patch? (5/20/2008 4:54:54 AM)

YAY!!!! Thanks Eric for the info...I am sure the collective community is breathing a sigh of relief.

Miamieagle -> RE: Any word on the patch? (5/20/2008 4:17:19 PM)

Dissent is good for a forum and scociety in general as long as it is decent and well intended. It makes people think and react to perhaps problems they never realize where there. Concent on it extreme produces stagnation of the mind and the soul.

Just look at what happen in Communist Russia and Nazi Germany and Japan in the thirties!

Ron Belcher -> RE: Any word on the patch? (5/20/2008 8:09:59 PM)

The patch... ok, let's look at this with pure optimism.  Take a step back and look at the full picture here.
As we all know, this patch is intense. A patch, such as this magnitude, takes time. Surely, it has a variety
of steps which it takes before being released to us.  Now, which step is it in?  My guess... again, pure
speculation (since, I am in no way involved with this. Yet, an observer), the patch is complete, the manual
is done (updates thereof), the proofing to the manual/errata complete, and now, the implementation of
the manual within the patch (possibly the stage where it is now...), given to Matrix for the "final" lookover
and a "alfa" test to just be certain about it. Then, the release to the GP (General Public) should follow. I've
an inclination from where it stands that we "should" see the patch by end of this week.

Mr. Erik Rutins... I encourage you to please clarify and validate what I've typed here. We all would appreciate
your input! [&o]

Very Respectfuly,
Tactician93612

** Edited for brevity/clarification: "We expect the manual work to be completed by the end of this coming week, with any luck." -a few posts right before mine, Erik Rutins stated that. So, see... it should be very soon! Should be soon! :)[:)]

Erik Rutins -> RE: Any word on the patch? (5/20/2008 8:13:26 PM)

It's more likely that we'll have the final patch done and going through the last internal review by the end of the week for release early next week, but you've got it basically right.

Ron Belcher -> RE: Any word on the patch? (5/20/2008 8:18:42 PM)

Pure Sherlock Holmes work, my dear Watson! [;)]

Thanks for the fast post, Erik! [8D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI