steve balboni = babe ruth (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball

junglejack -> steve balboni = babe ruth (5/16/2008 3:13:16 AM)

What is up with Steve Balboni in this game?
I started a league in the year 1979, I am currently completing 1984.
Steve "Bye-Bye" Balboni - the big swinging, big strike out victim of the eighties, is challenging for MVP of the league thusfar.
Not only does he have a 76 rating for contact - but he has a 72 speed rating!
He's hitting .326 with 28 homers and 26 sb.
He might go 30/30 for cryin' out loud!
As an avid Royals fan, I remember Balboni fondly, but I also remember that he was a much flawed player - not a five tool MVP.

dzanr -> RE: steve balboni = babe ruth (5/19/2008 11:33:05 PM)

Players don't always develop overtime exactly as they did in real life.  From my observation, players are usually rated pretty close to reality in the initial season they appear.  But after that, their actual career for the given future years is used only as a guide.  Shaun did once confirm in response to one of my posts that a player's reallife career is most ofter the controlling factor for the evolution of a player's ratings as he ages.  

If you were to start all over again with 1979 it would be more likely that by 1984 Balboni's ratings would be a lot closer to what his actual skill levels were in '84.  But as it is now in the reality you've currently created, perhaps you should look at is as a what-if the soul of Mickey Mantle had been passed on to Steve Balboni.  [:)]

DZ

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI