Any News (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket

Matthew Urch -> Any News (3/26/2002 5:28:16 PM)

Have you heard from the game developers at all recently?

Any progress to report?

Any feedback from the designers on the issues discussed regarding TA02 bugs / improvements?

It would be great to see some posts here by the guys who are producing TAO3.

Looking foward to hearing something. . . anything . . .

Matthew Urch

e_barkmann -> (3/26/2002 6:02:22 PM)

I had a brief chat with Roger earlier in the month. Yes, he's still working hard on it. Can't really be any more specific at this stage, sorry.

Cheers, Chris

Duncan Maggs -> (3/30/2002 5:47:22 PM)

Chris,

I appreciate that Roger is busy with the game and can't really engage in dialogue with the whole of the TAO2 community without slowing down the completion of TAO3, however I am interested in who he is bouncing ideas off for the game.

Does he have a small group of TAO2 addicts locally who he tests his game ideas out on or is it a one-man operation where the inspiration and assessment of ideas are his completely?

I am just curious.

Peter Fisla -> (4/4/2002 8:38:27 PM)

Duncan,

Roger is far beyond the stage of bouncing ideas for the game. From what I know currently Roger and SSG are working on the game alone. Last time I emailed him he mentioned he was working on Combat module. I will get a copy from Roger when he has something in reasonable shape to show and test. Then I will be able to tell you what TAO3 is all about.

Peter

Fred98 -> (4/5/2002 6:20:26 AM)

-
The announcement of the game was way back in September or October.

A lot of fans of the game made posts here with suggested improvements.

Nobody knows whether Roger actually read the posts. We all hope that he did

-

leaderx -> The Blitz (4/5/2002 1:29:47 PM)

Joe, more then here, he should be looking at The Blitz, that's where the real discussions about this game occur. We're the only congregation of TAO2 players on the web, the only ladder, the only club and have the only active forum. There are players there that could probably beat Roger at his own game (ok, if that can't grab his attention, what can :D , players that understand the features of this game as well as he does, players who have discussed this game in depth with scores of other players, I don't understand what more valuable source of input about this game Roger has. Yet we are neglected.

SSG/Roger evidently approached Matrix Games with the purpose of making some well deserved money for this excellent game, but how are they expecting TAO3 to be any different of a commercial bust then TAO if the players at the only TAO2 club in this planet feel alienated. Heck if the best players that play this game feel alienated I don't see how new comers will feel any different unless something is done to alter this apparently growing negative image.

David Heath -> (4/5/2002 2:12:17 PM)

Hello everyone

I have been talking with SSG and as Peter has said once we have news it will be posted here.

SSG is one of the best development houses around and I am sure this game will be in their high standards.

So everyone please sit back and give them a chance once we have some facts you can comment on we can talk about it here.

It might not hurt if some of you posted your likes or dislikes of the older game system here so the new and old fans of the game can get a feeling for it.

David

David Heath -> (4/30/2002 9:59:17 AM)

I talked with SSG late last week and we are hoping to have something to post later this week..... I keep everyone up to date as we go.

David

Peter Fisla -> (5/1/2002 5:08:24 AM)

I will confirm what David said. I should be getting a build of TAO3 from Roger soon, I will then share some info with everyone.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI