So what is REALLY different? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> John Tiller's Battleground Series

madgamer2 -> So what is REALLY different? (5/20/2008 5:08:01 AM)

I do not have bags of money and buying the Matrix versions of the BG civil war series does not make sense just to get them all together as I have them all now from the talonsoft version. Also not improving the AI is also another reason
Can someone tell me exactly what is different or added. What does he Matrix version has that the talonsoft version doesn't. I have a little money now and would consider buying the matrix version if there was a reason for doing so.

Madgamer

Grell -> RE: So what is REALLY different? (5/20/2008 2:17:21 PM)

I own the Talonsoft version and I bought this version because I was afraid my Talonsoft games would not run on XP. BTW the matrix version runs on Vista too.

Regards,

Greg

Valkyrie -> RE: So what is REALLY different? (5/21/2008 6:29:56 AM)

I like having all the games on one CD with all of the patches already incorporated so installation (or reinstallation) is a cinch. It's worth the money for that reason alone.

morganbj -> RE: So what is REALLY different? (6/5/2008 5:39:16 PM)

They're essentially the same games.  They've been brushed up a little bit here and there (scenarios, data files, etc., not code), but most will not notice the differences.

I got them for the same reason Valkyrie did.  My TS games had dozens of different upgrade files here and there and when I needed to reinstall it's been a pain.

morganbj -> RE: So what is REALLY different? (6/5/2008 5:42:30 PM)

Let me add that they're essentially the same games as the 32 bit versions of the old TS games.  I know some folks never applied the 32 bit versions and stayed with 16.  So, if you've been playing the 16 bit versions (the "official" TS versions), you'll notice some differences.  They'd be worth getting for that reeason alone.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI