Version number??? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Nikos -> Version number??? (3/26/2002 11:19:43 PM)

I have applied the 7.1 patch and my opening screen still says 7.0.
I am certain that I applied the patch in the right dir/folder.Am I doing anything wrong? any help?

Regards.

Nikos.

AlvinS -> (3/26/2002 11:37:46 PM)

Same here. Everything seems to work ok, just the version number did not update.

hnh3_sp -> (3/26/2002 11:50:34 PM)

Make sure the installer is installing to the correct folder.

Mine installs to Matrix Games (note the space), but my SPWAW folder is actually MatrixGames (no space).

AlvinS -> (3/27/2002 12:07:10 AM)

Thats the problem. Mine made a second directory. Thanks for the help.

Nikos -> (3/27/2002 12:26:05 AM)

Problem is solved.Many thanks.

Nikos.

Bing -> (3/27/2002 12:40:36 AM)

Same here: The installation path as created the exe installer is incorrect. Change it to MatrixGames without the space, otherwise the patch installs itself - mech.exe and OOB's and all - to a new directory titled Matrix Games - WITH a space. That doesn't do a lot of good for accessing campaigns and all.

Bing

Svennemir -> (3/27/2002 2:15:21 AM)

Actually the only thing needed to apply a patch is (AFAIK) to copy the files, in the 7.1 case OOBs and mech.exe, into spwaw directory.

A patch program is not strictly needed. At least that's how I got my 7.1 :)

Paul Vebber -> (3/27/2002 3:18:16 AM)

If you used a previous beta patch, you won't have the very latest version (dated 24 Mar) unless you use the patch. A few OOB tweaks were added at the last minute too.

Bing -> (3/27/2002 3:48:24 AM)

I think perhaps what Svennemir is saying is that even if the installer exe does put the mech.exe, OOB's and other files into a separate - and incorrect - directory, you can copy them into the existing WAW dir.

I prefer to make sure the installation path is the right one, which takes just a few seconds to verify and change when the installer exe shows the path it will use. Why? Am not sure how WAW handles registry entries, don't want to take a chance.

BTW, the installer exe packager is not the type that allows changing the extension to zip, opening the file and extracting. I tried - doesn't work.

Bing

Paul Vebber -> (3/27/2002 3:54:51 AM)

Actually you'll have to live with hitting browse button, its an incompatiblility between the new installer and the old one.

Bernie -> (3/27/2002 4:41:09 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bing
[B]I think perhaps what Svennemir is saying is that even if the installer exe does put the mech.exe, OOB's and other files into a separate - and incorrect - directory, you can copy them into the existing WAW dir.

I prefer to make sure the installation path is the right one, which takes just a few seconds to verify and change when the installer exe shows the path it will use. Why? Am not sure how WAW handles registry entries, don't want to take a chance.

BTW, the installer exe packager is not the type that allows changing the extension to zip, opening the file and extracting. I tried - doesn't work.

Bing [/B][/QUOTE]

This is one of the reasons I install most things to my D: drive and save the C: for system files only. Most installers default to C:, so I'm used to pointing to the exact path I want an installer to use. :)

David Heath -> (3/27/2002 5:32:56 AM)

Hi Guys

This new installer works differently then the old one so you will need to browse for your Steel Panther directory. All of our games will now have be in "Matrix Games" and NOT "MatrixGames".

We are sorry for any problems this might has caused.

David

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI