Next Patch Fixes (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III

Veers -> Next Patch Fixes (5/22/2008 7:52:15 AM)

This is one of the things being fixed with one of the new patches, right?
[image]http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/3180/badnavalbattlecg3.jpg[/image]
[image]http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/9408/badnavalbattleiisn0.jpg[/image]
[image]http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/5548/badnavalbattleiiipn9.jpg[/image]
As cool as it is to have a naval attack on 18 ships by 41 ships, supported by hundreds of aircraft, see 66% of my ships damaged or destroyed and 0% of the enemy's it's, well, just not cool.

DeadInThrench -> RE: Next Patch Fixes (5/22/2008 10:51:35 PM)

You could always use the 'Golden Delicious' approach (hehe... I call it that because I believe GD was the one who mentioned it to me)... just send in one measily destroyer and let all the other ships 'support the attack'. With this approach, the most you will get destroyed is the destroyer (not saying this is realistic but..... otherwise you typically end up with situations like here in your post.... particularly bad when you have an overwhelming force).

Also.... I should mention here... one thing Eric Nygaard was doing with his scenarios, is breaking down the ships into sections... maybe 2-3 guns listed separately. This makes a much need improvement when you attack with an overwhelming force. The defensive force is destroyed but usually you just have ships taking damage... which gets repaired in time.

IMO..... defensive naval forces SHOULD have an advantage. But, the problem is, the entire naval system does not come off as extremely well designed (and they state this in the manual).

DiT

desert -> RE: Next Patch Fixes (5/22/2008 11:12:33 PM)

Wow! Those ships must have been crewed by Spartans!

Silvanski -> RE: Next Patch Fixes (5/23/2008 1:47:18 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Veers
As cool as it is to have a naval attack on 18 ships by 41 ships, supported by hundreds of aircraft, see 66% of my ships damaged or destroyed and 0% of the enemy's it's, well, just not cool.

Quite right, cuz my Spanish fleet ain't no super-armada[:D]

cesteman -> RE: Next Patch Fixes (5/29/2008 7:47:21 AM)

Veers,
Looks like your playing invasion europe 1947? I've played with the scenario and there seems to be one bug on the island of Crete. When you click on the fortress unit (there's an air unit there as also), it somehow disables the unit and you can no longer click on it even when you start a new turn. I wonder if there's an update for this scenario? Cheers.

Silvanski -> RE: Next Patch Fixes (5/29/2008 8:23:01 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: cesteman

Veers,
Looks like your playing invasion europe 1947? I've played with the scenario and there seems to be one bug on the island of Crete. When you click on the fortress unit (there's an air unit there as also), it somehow disables the unit and you can no longer click on it even when you start a new turn. I wonder if there's an update for this scenario? Cheers.

Which version of the scenario are you playing? Piero's original or the modded one?
I see no air unit on Crete

Veers -> RE: Next Patch Fixes (5/29/2008 10:34:55 AM)

quote:

Veers,
Looks like your playing invasion europe 1947? I've played with the scenario and there seems to be one bug on the island of Crete. When you click on the fortress unit (there's an air unit there as also), it somehow disables the unit and you can no longer click on it even when you start a new turn.

:shrug:

quote:

I wonder if there's an update for this scenario? Cheers.

There sure is, Silvains' working out the details ATM.

cesteman -> RE: Next Patch Fixes (5/29/2008 9:09:27 PM)

To be honest Silvanski I have no idea. I'll take a look in a sec. I'll bet it's the origional version. Where can I find the modded version? Cheers

cesteman -> RE: Next Patch Fixes (5/29/2008 9:12:21 PM)

Wow i just looked and it seems that there is no scenario version! Must be an very old scenario :)

Silvanski -> RE: Next Patch Fixes (5/29/2008 9:59:44 PM)

The current mod for TOAWIII can be found here. You'll have to register to download
A further update is under development and being tested

http://www.the-strategist.net/RD/scenarii/display_scenario.php?Id=765

cesteman -> RE: Next Patch Fixes (5/29/2008 11:00:23 PM)

I just found the version on GS. It's awsome! I'll go check that one out as well. I think I already registered there. Cheers.

cesteman -> RE: Next Patch Fixes (6/3/2008 9:04:54 AM)

Just wondering, I was reading some notes from the scenario and I was wondering if there's a thread for this scenario on Matrix? The scenario seems to start after a few turns from reading the info in GS but I don't want to start something over there that might get confused with what were talking about here. Cheers.

Silvanski -> RE: Next Patch Fixes (6/3/2008 9:13:23 AM)

quote:

Just wondering, I was reading some notes from the scenario and I was wondering if there's a thread for this scenario on Matrix? The scenario seems to start after a few turns from reading the info in GS but I don't want to start something over there that might get confused with what were talking about here. Cheers.

I discovered the original through this thread

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1634360

It starts at turn 1

cesteman -> RE: Next Patch Fixes (6/8/2008 8:51:30 AM)

Thanks!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI