Naval Shipbuilding (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Pascal_slith -> Naval Shipbuilding (5/28/2008 10:08:49 AM)

Will it be possible to schedule what ships and what numbers of those ships the Japanese will build? Will I be able to build more destroyers, some CAs and certain types (and more copies) of CVs?

TheTomDude -> RE: Naval Shipbuilding (5/28/2008 12:18:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pascal

Will it be possible to schedule what ships and what numbers of those ships the Japanese will build? Will I be able to build more destroyers, some CAs and certain types (and more copies) of CVs?

Hopefully not. I guess since this game was made "as historically as possible" there should not be such a possibility.

Terminus -> RE: Naval Shipbuilding (5/28/2008 12:21:58 PM)

It won't. Again, this is a RE-WRITE, not something done from the ground up.

Pascal_slith -> RE: Naval Shipbuilding (5/29/2008 8:06:19 AM)

But it would be possible to mod the database to increase the choices of shipbuilding since the whole thing is limited by Japanese shipbuilding capacity, no?

bradfordkay -> RE: Naval Shipbuilding (5/29/2008 10:10:08 AM)

You can cancel ships, but you won't be able to add ships that never existed. I have no idea as to what the difficulty of coding such a change would be, but it's certainly outside the philosophy of WITP.

You could create a scenario with your extra ships added, and once playing the game decide whether or not to build them - would that suffice?

ny59giants -> RE: Naval Shipbuilding (5/29/2008 2:01:57 PM)

I'm getting ready to start a PBEM using Nemo's Empire's Ablaze. He has added a lot of "what if" ships to the Japanese Navy (I can build over 20 CVs [X(]). The question is what to build or not.  AE's data base will be expanded enough that even the modders will have trouble using all the slots.

Pascal_slith -> RE: Naval Shipbuilding (5/30/2008 7:46:02 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

You can cancel ships, but you won't be able to add ships that never existed. I have no idea as to what the difficulty of coding such a change would be, but it's certainly outside the philosophy of WITP.

You could create a scenario with your extra ships added, and once playing the game decide whether or not to build them - would that suffice?

This is the alternative I had in mind, along with what ny59giants said.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI