How does it compare? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series

Miamieagle -> How does it compare? (5/30/2008 12:47:36 AM)

What do you guys think of Sudden strike 3 and how does it compare to this series?

I just saw it in Best buy and I though it has a very interesting concept. I did not Buy it but as long as this patch is taking to realize Iäm getting very tempted!

It does include the whole of WW2 and not just the ETO Theater and that is what got my attention.

kg_1007 -> RE: How does it compare? (5/30/2008 2:18:06 AM)

quote:

Sudden strike 3

Sudden strike is more of an arcade experience, which for some,may be better. But it is really comparing apples to oranges..in this series, the idea is realistic operational level tactics, at least from how I play, vs an arcade style super graphics,less realistic style. I don't intend this as an insult. Some arcade style games can be a lot of fun.
Just my opinion,
k

Arctic Blast -> RE: How does it compare? (5/30/2008 9:47:53 AM)

I haven't been all that thrilled with SS3. The game looks good, and it COULD be a fun, arcade-style RTS, except for a couple problems. Possibly the worst pathfinding I have ever encountered in a game...for drivers/soldiers to choose the routes they do, they would have to have suffered head injuries. "Oh, well, that section of road is blanketed with machine gun/mortar fire, but it's the road, so I better go there, anyway".

Now, that's just annoying...the killer for me is the insane level of micromanagement required. After you send supply/repair/medic vehicles in to the area you want them in, you then have to manually get them to repair/supply/patch up every individual unit that needs it. The AI is too stupid to do it on its' own, even though that was in Blitzkrieg, and that came out...what...5 years ago? Couple that level of required micromanaging with massive scenarios with massive numbers of units, and it soon ceases to be fun.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI