Adding maps (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Carriers At War >> Mods and Scenarios

Jimbahadur -> Adding maps (6/2/2008 11:58:10 AM)

I'm totally confused about the process of adding a prepared map to a scenario. I 've read the previous posts about this subject but have had no success and would appreciate any advice. As I understand you have to create 2 maps (with hexes and without) in the map editor.

How exactly do you tie these in with an already prepared map? (or indeed can this be done?)

GenChaos33 -> RE: Adding maps (6/4/2008 12:36:23 AM)

This is something that I need to learn also (for the Island Campaign maps).

Gregor_SSG -> RE: Adding maps (6/4/2008 2:43:39 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jimbahadur

I'm totally confused about the process of adding a prepared map to a scenario. I 've read the previous posts about this subject but have had no success and would appreciate any advice. As I understand you have to create 2 maps (with hexes and without) in the map editor.

How exactly do you tie these in with an already prepared map? (or indeed can this be done?)

I'll get Alex to answer this question. He might not be able to do this immediately but he is by far the best man to provide the info you need, so it will be best to wait for him.

Gregor

alexs -> RE: Adding maps (6/9/2008 3:29:01 PM)

Hi Guys,

The process for this (and many other tips) are contained in the "Cape Matapan" scenario creation tutorial that we released in the last patch. Navigate to your carriers install directory, and you should see the cape matapan folder, inside of which you'll find a document entitled "CAW Scenario Editing Tutorial.doc" - which has a section devoted to map creation.

Also, this post on our forums contains a few tricks if you get stuck.

http://ssg.com.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4406

If you have any other specific questions then please ask.

Alex

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI