Detailed battles (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865

goodwoodrw -> Detailed battles (6/2/2008 4:56:51 PM)

G'day all,
is there a way to tone down or remove the blue movement hex indicator, it's just plain annoying. it very difficult to see the underlying terrain. Another nice idea would be a mouse tool tip for the terrain as well.

Gil R. -> RE: Detailed battles (6/3/2008 9:33:46 AM)

Eric will have to chime in on this one. I think the blue lines are there to stay, but can't say for certain.

dolphinsfan9910 -> RE: Detailed battles (6/8/2008 4:53:48 PM)

It is hard sometimes to see if you have entrenched correctly or not. To handle this, when it is a cavalry or other unit's turn that is far enough away from the area that there are no blue lines, go back to see the terrain.

ericbabe -> RE: Detailed battles (6/12/2008 7:48:59 AM)

You can edit the graphics files.  I think what you're looking for is in Gfx\Hexwar\Hw_DirectionArrows.pcx and Gfx\Hexwar\Hw_DirectionArrows_a.pcx, the latter of which is the alpha channel file.

pixelpusher -> RE: Detailed battles (6/12/2008 6:25:36 PM)

You can edit the graphics files. I think what you're looking for is in Gfx\Hexwar\Hw_DirectionArrows.pcx and Gfx\Hexwar\Hw_DirectionArrows_a.pcx, the latter of which is the alpha channel file.

Just to elaborate on this:
1 Take the Gfx\Hexwar\Hw_DirectionArrows_a.pcx file; where it is white it is opaque in - game. Where it is black it is transparent in-game.
2 Load the file into phototshop Elements or the GIMP. (Don't forget to back up your original file!)
3 Make the file darker. A simple way to do this (in Photoshop) is to use brightness/contrast tool.
4 Save it back to Gfx\Hexwar\Hw_DirectionArrows_a.pcx

goodwoodrw -> RE: Detailed battles (6/18/2008 1:22:11 AM)

G'day, thanks Pixelpusher, after a couple of goes I got something that suits my eye, a nice pale green. the first go I lost all hexes completely couldn't find blinking hex for moving unit. Is the blinking hex and the rest tied to one graphic, is there a way to darken the blinking hex and not the others?
Ron

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI