Seing Red and strange fleets (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray

madgamer2 -> Seing Red and strange fleets (6/4/2008 2:52:02 AM)

well it has been awhile sense I played this game (to much Oblivion) and I have two short questions:

1. Has any other player seen a rebel fleet in lake Ontario? It has appeared once and I sent a fleet after it but it vanished before my fleet reached it at the far east end of the lake

2. At times I see areas around a stack of units that is red. I used to know what this was but have forgot.

thanks in advaqnce
Madgamer

GShock -> RE: Seing Red and strange fleets (6/4/2008 9:20:57 AM)

Ever heard of the game manual? [:)]

1. Never seen

2. Those red areas are those areas where your forces, compared to enemy forces and Military control, would be unable to withdraw to.

madgamer2 -> RE: Seing Red and strange fleets (6/4/2008 9:24:25 PM)

Thanks for the Info GShock. Now that you mention it IIRC that was what the red was for. i was also wondering about attacking an enemy unit that is surrounded by areas you control the majority of the population or if you own the areas. How does this effect the defender? Is there a penalty for being surrounded?
As for the Rebel raider on lake Erie thats .... really eerie LOL. Nobody else has seen this ghost fleet and I only once...The Lake Erie triangle .... perhaps?

Masdgamer

GShock -> RE: Seing Red and strange fleets (6/4/2008 11:33:32 PM)

It is about Military Control. If your forces are in a tight spot and you can't enter there (u'd need more troops to beat the entrance to those areas, and you're engaged and lose, your forces could be utterly destroyed. There's no combat advantage that i know of, however, if you do surround an enemy with army and corps then they will support one another and victory is more likely. Ultimately when totally surrounded, the force would be destroyed. The manual is very clear on the fact engaging forces deep in enemy territory is a "risky proposition".
As of your ghost ship, first of all uninstall -> delete folder -> reinstall -> patch to 1.10b (.c is imminent) to make sure u haven't got a corrupted installation. Happened to many to see weird things and this might be it. If this persists after the procedure, don't hesitate to send the saved game to support@ageod.com [:)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI