Help!!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers

jhnbaker41 -> Help!!! (6/6/2008 2:36:31 PM)

I just bought Forge of Freedom and received the CDs yesterday. My computer will not install the game. It Shows me the setup Icon when I click the dvd drive but tells me it cannot open it because there is no program on Windows vista to open it. It also does not find one when I it asks me if I want to have windows look for the right program. I am assuming ( yes, I know what this gets me) that I use disc 2 to load the game because when I put disc one in all it does is act like it is running with no start up.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Help!!! (6/6/2008 3:49:07 PM)

Disk 1 is the one to start with. Vista should be able to work with those files without a problem, our Vista testing worked fine here. However, the process starts with it running a very large EXE file. Some anti-virus or security software can be very aggressive about scanning such a file, which can cause a large delay before it runs. We recommend turning off any such software before trying the installation. Or just give it a good while to sit and run to see if it's being delayed by another process.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI