Sid Meier works on new Colonization (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Marc von Martial -> Sid Meier works on new Colonization (6/11/2008 2:11:30 PM)

Maybe some of you know already but to me it was news until yesterday. Sid Meier work on a new Colonization!

http://www.colonizationfans.com (check the 9th June news item)

So he finally decided to do what I told him at Origins a few years ago during an autograph session he was giving [;)][:D]

Colonization was one of my all time favorites.

While you wait check this out:

http://www.freecol.org/

Havn't played it yet. Just stumbled over it. Cool thing is, it also has a Mac version [:D]

Grell -> RE: Sid Meier works on new Colonization (6/11/2008 2:14:07 PM)

That's great Marc, I love colonization.

Regards,

Greg

Terminus -> RE: Sid Meier works on new Colonization (6/11/2008 2:30:12 PM)

Originally a very good game, but with the disappointments of the re-made Pirates and Railroad Tycoon, I'm not optimistic. Also, it's based on the CivIV engine, so... no thanks.

Not meaning to rain on anyone's parade.

JudgeDredd -> RE: Sid Meier works on new Colonization (6/11/2008 2:55:16 PM)

I loved colonisation...got confused and boughtr Civilisation a while back and fell in love with that...but Colonisation....loved it.

105mm Howitzer -> RE: Sid Meier works on new Colonization (6/11/2008 3:55:58 PM)

If he sticks to format, that's another game that won't disappoint.

Joshuatree -> RE: Sid Meier works on new Colonization (6/11/2008 4:47:59 PM)

Great news indeed, loved the game. What kind of ... shocked me though, is that it was released in 1994. Blimey, '94? Seems like yesterday to me, time sure does fly [:(] 

Marc von Martial -> RE: Sid Meier works on new Colonization (6/11/2008 5:57:58 PM)

I have toyed around with the Freecol game I linked to above. Works great on the Mac and brought back some great memories. Check it out.

Zakhal -> RE: Sid Meier works on new Colonization (6/11/2008 6:17:42 PM)

I think Ill pick it up if its any decent. I still have the original in cellar. I wored out the disks quite a bit. 

anarchyintheuk -> RE: Sid Meier works on new Colonization (6/11/2008 8:36:52 PM)

Great game. Not too happy w/ the CivIV tie tho.

33Vyper -> RE: Sid Meier works on new Colonization (6/12/2008 9:25:42 AM)

Damn I had forgotten about that game.

I played that to death back in the day.

Thanks for the update Marc !!

terje439 -> RE: Sid Meier works on new Colonization (6/12/2008 10:57:17 AM)

was a great game back then, hopefully this new version will be just as good!

original is available at underdogs btw

Erik Rutins -> RE: Sid Meier works on new Colonization (6/12/2008 1:38:36 PM)

I loved Colonization, hope the remake as a Civ IV TC is true to the original.

Rotmistrz -> RE: Sid Meier works on new Colonization (6/12/2008 2:44:32 PM)

a

Karri -> RE: Sid Meier works on new Colonization (6/12/2008 4:07:33 PM)

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYAYAYAY!

Colonization is probaply the game tha introduced me into strategy games...I played it much longer than civilizations.

LitFuel -> RE: Sid Meier works on new Colonization (6/12/2008 4:58:11 PM)

After Railroads I have little faith...also not really digging the CIV connection. We shall see.  If Sid is going to keep milking CIV I wish he would do that with Pirates!.  I would gladly buy Pirates! sequels over and over.

Veldor -> RE: Sid Meier works on new Colonization (6/13/2008 1:12:51 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marc Schwanebeck

Maybe some of you know already but to me it was news until yesterday. Sid Meier work on a new Colonization!

I thought Sid was finally a console convert given Civilization Revolution.

I have to admit the thought of playing a new Civ game on a 1080p PS3 Blu-Ray Disk is a cool thought, especially on a monster TV screen.

I only hope it lives up to the hype. Only a few weeks I think till release? It will probably make or break the future for any more super high budget Console Strategy Games...

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21063.html

But more on topic I welcome anything that plays differently than Civ. Just getting bored with what so far is still basically the same game over and over. So a new Colonization would be nice.. but wonder if there will be a console connection like the latest Civ Game...

Monkeys Brain -> RE: Sid Meier works on new Colonization (6/13/2008 11:23:55 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marc Schwanebeck

http://www.colonizationfans.com (check the 9th June news item)

So he finally decided to do what I told him at Origins a few years ago during an autograph session he was giving [;)][:D]

Colonization was one of my all time favorites.

While you wait check this out:

http://www.freecol.org/

Havn't played it yet. Just stumbled over it. Cool thing is, it also has a Mac version [:D]

You should have said Crusade in Europe OR Red Storm Rising!
[;)]

Biffa -> RE: Sid Meier works on new Colonization (6/18/2008 1:16:01 AM)

Ditto like you guys played it to death but I'm sure it was on my old Amiga....[&:]

Cmdrcain -> RE: Sid Meier works on new Colonization (7/10/2008 5:01:27 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Veldor

I thought Sid was finally a console convert given Civilization Revolution.

I have to admit the thought of playing a new Civ game on a 1080p PS3 Blu-Ray Disk is a cool thought, especially on a monster TV screen.

Thing is not everyone is well off enough to pay 2-3K for a Monster TV and More for the blu ray player etc...

To target your wish would probably require the game cost $500 each [:'(]

Greybriar -> RE: Sid Meier works on new Colonization (7/10/2008 5:59:49 AM)

Colonization is one of my all-time favorite games. I still play the Windows 95 version of it on my latest PC which has Windows Vista as its OS.

This is one of the games I definitely plan to purchase when it is released.

pasternakski -> RE: Sid Meier works on new Colonization (7/10/2008 6:35:10 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Greybriar

Colonization is one of my all-time favorite games. I still play the Windows 95 version of it...

Me, too, and I have hoped for a good sequel.

quote:

This is one of the games I definitely plan to purchase when it is released.

I dunno. It's a Civ IV game. I have despised them all since Civ II. I'm waitin' fer awhile.

donkuchi19 -> RE: Sid Meier works on new Colonization (7/11/2008 3:07:15 PM)

Colonization is one of those games that I never got to work right. It crashed on me all of the time. I shelved it and never reinstalled.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI