RE: Harpoon (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare

hermanhum -> RE: Harpoon (6/26/2008 8:40:13 AM)

I didn't think that anyone was being critical or attacked. Opinions were just being exchanged.

Neither do I believe anyone was advocating the use of ancient Harpoon2. All that was said, IMO, was "if you had H2 and wanted to give it a try so that you can compare it to ANW, this is what you could do..."

Lots of good things have been accomplished lately. The "Transit mission" and the "Unarmed Units not being engaged" problems are now actively being looked at. That is probably more significant than anything that has happened in the last 6 months. Let's not lose sight of it. It happened because someone was brave enough to raise the issue. (and it certainly wasn't me who did it)

ruixilyy -> RE: Harpoon (6/26/2008 8:57:51 AM)

I recently played the "Attack on Kamchatka" in GC2, both in H3ANW and original H3, and I found the problem really exists (and to some extent, it's serious). The game is called "advanced naval warfare", and in the ad it says "So realistic, even the pro use it". Just compared the same scenarion in H3 and H3ANW, the problem in H3ANW is obvious.  

hermanhum -> RE: Harpoon (6/26/2008 9:04:40 AM)

Did you play the version for Original DB or the PlayersDB version?

We cleaned up a lot of problems when we re-built those ODb scens into PlayersDB versions. i.e. Victory Conditions and ammunition.

kipallen -> RE: Harpoon (6/26/2008 6:44:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: koelbach

Hi Kip,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kip

Uh, Ralf, what's wrong with being 60+?

Nothing, of course [;)] Just wanted to explain our newbies that "Harpoon veterans" does not mean "a bunch of bitter old men, living in the glorious Harpoon 2 - DOS- times". [:)]

It was not intended to say any bad word about 60+ years old guys. [&o]

Sorry if you felt offended. Seems it is no longer possible to make any statement here without the need to explain it in next one.

Regards,
Ralf

I wasn't offended, Ralf. I was attempting to inject some levity into a debate that seems to have gotten way too acrimonious. Apparently, I failed.

FransKoenz -> RE: Harpoon (6/26/2008 10:44:14 PM)

Heya Ralph [;)]

When I would start responsing on this topic in German, you immediately would understand that the 60+ issue is of course nonsens. But, then I would have problems with the english-spoken community.
The [your] age is not in question at all! The Word "Veterans" may be caused the problem.

I am 50 years old, I think that most [original] H2AE, etc. etc. are a bit older as the young dogs, now operating on this forum. We are the veterans, so what. You completely are right when saying to these new dogs that they are at least are hungry and sometimes rush into old traditions and or institutions like, you name it [every movement within the old and new harpoon community count themselves under that]. Cool and a healthy base to communicate and relativating the experiences.

The childish "have right or not" ect. etc. games have made the atmosphere within this forum into a "yes" and "no" thing [how to call it?]. Boaring and irritating [yes Shemar, you should dim a bit]

Another item is of course company's policy [AGSI and H3, or ANW].
I am fully agreed with your frustrations around the improvement of a product you love so much [as well as I do], and in your private mails to me you reminded me that it is the unwillness of the owner of H3 [or now ANW 3....] that made your decision hard, but easy. I fully accept and recognize your sadness about todays situation.
I am on your side!

It is not Herman Hum, the PDB, HUD III, or db2k [in my eyes a great DB for H3.6.3. ..... I love the database, but apparantly cannot agree with the author, nor his forum.... I'm still banned overthere [:D]] That is sad.....].
AGSI must improve the game, after all, it is a commercial product, but their excuses and the growing buglist makes us people rather frustrating. They expose that on here

And it doesn't matter what age you are. It is frustrating anyway.

Hals und Beinbruch [;)]
Frans.

hawk66 -> RE: Harpoon (8/15/2008 7:02:23 PM)

Happy Birthday from me too [:)]

And I'm looking forward to H4ANW [:D]

Vincenzo_Beretta -> RE: Harpoon (8/17/2008 9:13:50 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ruixilyy

I quite agree with rsharp. It's pointless to continuing complain about H3ANW without offering some useful and substanstial suggestions so as to improve it. If only those "VETERANs" of the game contributed more to help improve this game

Which is what the "veterans" do. Make those able to do something listening to them, however, is beyond the "veteran's" power.

It took the best part of these two years to have a complete buglist - with reference files showing the bug in the engine - posted on this forum. Before we had bans and deleted threads. You can find all the proofs by simply browsing the forum. "Helping ANW" to progress beyond its actual broken state is - in spirit, time needed and stress involved - like gaining some hundreds of yards in a WWI battlefield EVERY TIME. This is a given fact among "veterans". The only remaining, lingering, question is "why?"

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI