7.1 is good but... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

joegamer -> 7.1 is good but... (3/30/2002 9:57:07 AM)

The 7.1 patch is a little weak with a few irritations of its own. Why does the clear dark hexes button make all the hexes dark? Are the dates for the infantry AT weapons accurate? There were no Panzerfaust 60s in the Normandy campaign? In general I think they are more accurate but has their rarity gone too far? What do you other gamers think?

tracer -> Re: 7.1 is good but... (3/30/2002 10:05:21 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by joegamer
[B] Why does the clear dark hexes button make all the hexes dark? [/B][/QUOTE]

I just tested this and on the map I selected the opposite occurred: all hexes became lightened. I [I]think[/I] this can be adjusted in the preferences screen using the 'move radius' button.

joegamer -> (3/30/2002 10:22:33 AM)

Hey tracer you're right. I toggled the move radius preference off and the clear dark hexes button is now behaving itself. Thanx.

parusski -> (3/30/2002 10:57:01 AM)

7.1 one is good for one reason: they did it for is. End of the damned discussionl. Be thankfull everyone.

tracer -> (3/30/2002 12:24:01 PM)

[B]Hey tracer you're right. [/B][/QUOTE]

My wife said that happens once in a while :D

Warrior2 -> Re: 7.1 is good but... (3/30/2002 12:30:59 PM)

[B]The 7.1 patch is a little weak with a few irritations of its own. Why does the clear dark hexes button make all the hexes dark? Are the dates for the infantry AT weapons accurate? There were no Panzerfaust 60s in the Normandy campaign? In general I think they are more accurate but has their rarity gone too far? What do you other gamers think? [/B][/QUOTE]

Just how many other SPWaW versions have you played, Newbie, to decide 7.1 is "weak?"

chief -> (3/30/2002 1:55:10 PM)

Hey warrior, don't be too hard on him, in WW2 they had 90 day wonders in the field, he may be 2 post wonder....now behave:D :D :D :D :rolleyes: :( ;)

peter hellman -> (3/30/2002 5:01:39 PM)

I do understand Warrior here. When enjoying this (FREE) game as much as I do, when there is some comment, maybe as now with a real issue, but like carelessly thrown out of the hat with the point against Matrix, it slightly raises the aggression level.:mad:
Misunderstand me right here, I'm not saying no one should criticize anything. The approach is important. ;)

hnh3_sp -> (3/30/2002 8:25:02 PM)

Of course, you might actually try answering his questions instead of attacking him...:rolleyes:

Les_the_Sarge_9_1 -> (3/30/2002 8:43:47 PM)

Warrior? are you THE warrior?

I looked and you have just 36 posts?

Are you the WARRIOR I am thinkng of?

I was sure you would have more than 36 posts????

Just confused here this is about nothing really, it just attracted my attention.

Supervisor -> (3/30/2002 9:51:52 PM)

Yes Sarge: He is the one and only Warrior, he had to revert back to his old name for some reason that escapes me. Administrator's posted early when the forum was put in motion that some user names that hadn't been in use for a while lost the proper total post count. But he is the original.

tracer -> (3/30/2002 10:08:46 PM)

To me he'll always be REMF ;)

joegamer -> newbie, newby, booby (3/30/2002 11:51:46 PM)

I fondly remember playing ver 2.2 years ago. Have designed and published a few WW2 miniatures rules. I still enjoy SPWAW its just that when I see a bn. of infantry firing HEAT rifle grenades against armor in 1941 it surprises me. I feel every incremental patch in SPWAW is a net improvement and am appreciative for the effort that goes into creating it. So naah!

Warrior2 -> (3/31/2002 1:33:56 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tracer
[B]To me he'll always be REMF ;) [/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks Jim! That's me, all right, safe in the rear with the gear! :D

Figmo -> (3/31/2002 10:07:29 AM)

I've played every version of the Steel Pathers series and SPWaW Ver. 7.1 is the best of all - IMHO!!

It won't make everybody happy - that will never happen - but for me it's the best.

Figmo

ruxius -> (3/31/2002 10:08:06 AM)

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ADministrator...,
Give back to Warrior his previous amount of posts !!...
I can't still believe to what I read :
Warrior : Matrix New Recruit...!
:eek:

KG Erwin -> (3/31/2002 10:52:37 AM)

Agreed! Warrior needs to be upgraded to at least a veteran. rank DOES have its privileges.

Les_the_Sarge_9_1 -> (3/31/2002 11:04:21 AM)

Warrior knows, as do I, that his promotion is a matter of simply adjusting his rank through the interface.

Alas I dont think they can restore that nice looking sum of posts that must be his due.

KG Erwin -> (3/31/2002 11:06:29 AM)

As has been mentioned earlier, any suggested OOB changes and file attachments should be posted to Colonel Von Blitz's New 7.1 OOBS.

Warrior -> (3/31/2002 11:11:24 AM)

Well guys, I decided to take the path of least resistance. To keep the history of my posts I've reverted to REMF, but as you can see have added "aka WARRIOR," lest anyone think I'm really an armchair General sitting in the rear echleon. :D :D It's not the most elegant solution, but does get the job done. (Though I kind of miss being a "Matrix Hero!")

ruxius -> (3/31/2002 4:10:27 PM)

GENERAL !!!
Glad to have you back here !
You are a piece of Matrix ..don't forget !

Warrior -> (3/31/2002 6:38:29 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ruxius
[B]GENERAL !!!
Glad to have you back here !
You are a piece of Matrix ..don't forget ! [/B][/QUOTE]

Many thanks! I tried taking a little time off but couldn't stay away. It's hard to ignore what's in my blood! :D

ruxius -> (3/31/2002 7:29:39 PM)

:) :) :D

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI