John Tiller Civil War serial number problem (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers

RichMunn -> John Tiller Civil War serial number problem (6/20/2008 3:01:32 PM)

I have just purchased, downloaded and installed John Tiller's Civil War and Napoleonic Wars.

Napoleonic works fine. In American Civil War when I try to load a scenario (any scenario, on any game) I receive a message that my serial number is invalid, and to contact you.

So I have.

Can you help?

Thanks,

Rich Munn

Greg Wilcox -> RE: John Tiller Civil War serial number problem (6/20/2008 4:34:18 PM)

I just sent you a PM, hopefully we can get this resolved quickly for you.

-Greg

RichMunn -> RE: John Tiller Civil War serial number problem (6/22/2008 1:33:22 PM)

I still haven't heard from you. It's Sunday.

Erik Rutins -> RE: John Tiller Civil War serial number problem (6/22/2008 6:51:22 PM)

Rich,

Did you check your PMs?

Regards,

- Erik

RichMunn -> RE: John Tiller Civil War serial number problem (6/22/2008 9:06:26 PM)

Yes.

Nothing there.

I thought I'd solved it by playing as administrator, and to some extent I have.

However, what was playing perfectly well on my laptop (i.e. West Front) now tells me I have a problem! It reads " There is a problem" with error code 486. This might be linked to the fact that since downloading the Civil war and Napoleon games, the opening screen while saying one thing has another game when the mouse pointer hovers over it!

My other Vista machine, a desktop, now runs all games fine, if I run CW and NB as administrator.

Confused? I am!

Richard.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI