Mega Campaign Autosave (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Tuomas Seijavuori -> Mega Campaign Autosave (3/31/2002 10:49:27 AM)

After fighting the Soviets on the fields of Radziechow (Lost Victories 1941) for five or six hours... I was one turn from victory (or so I hoped) when all of a sudden I'm thrown to Windows desktop with a message "Windows has changed your system clock to daylight saving time..." Well thanks a bunch, my brain-dead operating system! AAAARGH!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

How can I resume the battle? The autosave takes me to the situation six hours ago, Turn 1 that is. What gives? Why was the savegame function removed from megacampaign anyway? :eek:

tracer -> (3/31/2002 10:54:48 AM)

Ouch! At the time you should have tried ALT-TAB...I've had backround tasks do what your clock did and I was able to bring the game back up.

Supervisor -> (3/31/2002 11:56:36 AM)

The autosave feature was designed to kick in when you were exiting the campaign at your own discression, if the games CTD(crashes to the desktop) it won't kick in, there was no way for the game to anticepate such an action and be able to update all the necessary save files prior to termination. Sorry:( :( :(

Fallschirmjager -> (3/31/2002 12:12:18 PM)

Ive got myself into the habit of saving after every turn.

ZoomBoy27 -> (3/31/2002 4:59:32 PM)

I try to save the MC game but it gives me the message:
It is done for you automatically

Is it when I click on the Save button???

ZoomBoy

peter hellman -> (3/31/2002 5:15:01 PM)

Is it when I click on the Save button???

Click the exit button, then it will save, then you only have to load it and start.

I am also saving my games, every or every second turn. Besides that I copy the files from savegame now and then and save them on a safe location. This is what I have learned, after experiencing evil:mad: things.;)

Tuomas Seijavuori -> Give me a Save button, pretty please? (3/31/2002 5:50:05 PM)

Thanks guys, I learnt my lesson. I will be quitting & restarting on every turn from now on. This is an old one already but: they don't call it Lost Victories for nothing. :(

I still wonder though if Windoze's daylight saving time feature was to blame. I've never had spwaw crash by itself. Even this time the system remained stable, it just quit to desktop with no trace of spwaw in the task manager. I've got Win98SE.

Could the old save feature be returned on the next MCLV patch which Mr Kukko mentioned?

Bing -> (3/31/2002 10:52:38 PM)

1) Create a directory outside of MC folder for your saves - I have one with turns 001 - 015 and separate folders for start and end of each battle. One of these for each MC I will be playing.

2) At the beginning of each turn, I merely exit the game. I copy the three files to whatever turn folder it beongs to.

3) If I want to restart at any time, I simply go back to the turn in question, copy the three files and paste them over the ones in the MC Save folder.

Where there is a will, there is a way ....

Bing

mao -> (3/31/2002 11:03:47 PM)

[QUOTE]After fighting the Soviets on the fields of Radziechow (Lost Victories 1941) for five or six hours... I was one turn from victory (or so I hoped) when all of a sudden I'm thrown to Windows desktop with a message "Windows has changed your system clock to daylight saving time..." Well thanks a bunch, my brain-dead operating system! AAAARGH!!!!!! [/QUOTE]
You should move to the USA where daylight saving starts next week :p (well... mostly:))

I was playing a long MCNA scenario yesterday and it crashed for no reason near the end, so I started again and the same thing happened:mad: Next time I will hopefully remember to save each turn.

By and large, though, I like the fact that there is no autosave.

Supervisor -> (4/1/2002 1:35:51 AM)

Zoomboy: when you exit the Mega battle on you own free will you'll see a message box confirming autosave and returning to MegaCampaign menu, selecting yes will produce a message MegaCampain saving files this will take a minute, then you will be returned to the menu.

AlvinS -> (4/1/2002 8:36:43 AM)

I have started saving more often now. I had to Alt Tab to the desktop and when I returned to SPWAW the graphics were all smeared and I could not continue. I lost about 10 turns. My old voodoo II card probably needs to be replaced because this never happened before.

I was playing MCLV. The Russians must have sabotaged it.:D

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI