Setting firing range (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

robot -> Setting firing range (4/2/2002 4:09:43 AM)

After setting range to fire at a short range. Does the op fire only come up for that range or shorter. Also i found if in my turn i chk to see who has a target. If any are found then hit target to find the range my setting of range has changed . In other words say range is set at 10 for pzllls. In my turn he has 3targets i do the t key to see if any are in the 10hex range. Now he will have a firing range of the last target i looked at. Is there any other way to chk to see if any of his targets are in his max range without it changing to longer range from looking. Im using the 10hex because i usually set all my inf to 5 or lower to fire and tanks maybe 3hexes further out then them.

skukko -> (4/2/2002 4:35:34 AM)

in HQ ('H') you can set firing range for formation. It keeps it if you don't hit 'T' key. It will fire if it is fired at, no matter of range settings.

mosh

robot -> (4/2/2002 4:49:34 AM)

Thanx skukko thought so. I do go thru H and set all ranges. will just do the way ive been doing. Drag target circle around and chk all targets to see if in my range i set before i fire. Also on opp fire it gives you range to target before you have to say yes.

Capt. Pixel -> (4/2/2002 4:52:27 AM)

Also, your range will be reset if you are fired at. The new range will be whatever the enemy's firing range was. I believe this will only reset out to your units maximum. But I could be wrong about that.:rolleyes:

tracer -> Re: Setting firing range (4/2/2002 11:23:36 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by robot
[B]After setting range to fire at a short range. Does the op fire only come up for that range or shorter. Also i found if in my turn i chk to see who has a target. If any are found then hit target to find the range my setting of range has changed . In other words say range is set at 10 for pzllls. In my turn he has 3targets i do the t key to see if any are in the 10hex range. Now he will have a firing range of the last target i looked at. Is there any other way to chk to see if any of his targets are in his max range without it changing to longer range from looking. Im using the 10hex because i usually set all my inf to 5 or lower to fire and tanks maybe 3hexes further out then them. [/B][/QUOTE]

What you're doing is hitting the T key (brings up target menu and first target) and then hitting T again to exit...but this 'sets' the target for that unit and of course increases the range accordingly. What you need to do is hit the escape key instead of T to exit that screen.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI