Repairing ships in scenerios. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

ltfightr -> Repairing ships in scenerios. (6/30/2008 12:01:22 AM)

Ok havent played in a long time and playing a scenerio. I thought in port at Noumea there was an option to send heavily damaged ships back to pearl I have a ship with 50% sys and no option did this change?

jcjordan -> RE: Repairing ships in scenerios. (6/30/2008 12:42:30 AM)

That feature was only in UV if it's what I think you're talking about never in WITP but if you form a TF within the TF screen you can send it to the homebase of whatever theater that command is - West Coast would be SF, Central Pac would be Pearl, South Pac would be Nouema etc. In the early versions of WITP you could send the TF to SF but some patch changed it to the homebase of whatever command your at.

ltfightr -> RE: Repairing ships in scenerios. (6/30/2008 12:57:30 AM)

I thought the return to Pearl/Tokyo was also in the WITP game. Guess they will sit for a long time in Noumea.

Feinder -> RE: Repairing ships in scenerios. (6/30/2008 12:58:03 AM)

LtFightr and I are running Scen5 - Guadalcanal.  We've both had some run-ins with each others cruisers, and they could use some patching.  But the game map is old UV borders: Truk in the north, and Bris-Noumea in SW and SE.  While they are large ports, as LtFightr indicates, we thought there might be some facility to return ships to PH or Tokyo.

One other thing that I've noticed (at least for Japan) - there doesn't seem to be any LCU replacements.  I've got a pool of support squads (appearently), but no replacment squads.  Oh well.

-F-

Chris21wen -> RE: Repairing ships in scenerios. (6/30/2008 9:56:17 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ltfightr

Ok havent played in a long time and playing a scenerio. I thought in port at Noumea there was an option to send heavily damaged ships back to pearl I have a ship with 50% sys and no option did this change?

Not much point in being able to in a 6 month scenario other than to get it out of the area as its unlikely to return during that period.

John Lansford -> RE: Repairing ships in scenerios. (6/30/2008 3:29:28 PM)

If Noumea's up to its maximum port size, damaged ships will still repair fairly rapidly there.  I've got a TF of DMS that I keep docked there after making minelaying runs near Rabaul, and they usually return with 10-15 SYS damage.  I leave them in Noumea for about a week and they're usually back down to 5 SYS by then.

Now, if they've got weapon/equipment damage, you're SOL.  That won't get repaired there.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI