One-day casualties (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray

seelx -> One-day casualties (7/1/2008 12:59:47 AM)

I was curious what the largest one-day casualties seen in this game were. Attached is a huge battle of Baltimore. I'm playing the Union against the computer. I'm not so good at the game, and for the most part think I'm losing the war. Kearny just became a national hero by liberating Chicago.

In the east, we've been fighting heavily in Maryland. As you can see, we lost a combined 42,000 men in one day as Grant tries to free Baltimore from Lee.

[image]local://upfiles/29597/A11EC76D87EB4FBAB6E878DD55050515.jpg[/image]

bigus -> RE: One-day casualties (7/4/2008 6:25:29 AM)

Grant looks like he's is doing O.K..........
I don't know what year your playing so I'd say the casualties look good. A bit above average for a major battle....(sometimes...).
I've seen serious casualties if you don't have a retreat path. I've seen less.
Thats the beauty of the engine....Randomness and Military Control!

Bigus

seelx -> RE: One-day casualties (7/4/2008 10:04:20 PM)

I am playing a campaign game with randomized general statistics.

As an update Grant is now in control of Richmond, Sept '63.

Total Casualties
Union: 357,000
Confederate: 422,000

berto -> RE: One-day casualties (7/16/2008 8:14:43 AM)

Beta testers/modders are looking to correct the battle losses problems: (1) occasionally excessive, ahistorically high single-day and entire-battle loss rates, and (2) ahistorically lopsided loss rates. (1) at least may in part be an unintended consequence of recent changes to the unit cohesion rules.

Fixes are not imminent but will be offered sooner or later, even if "only" in the form of mods (and not "officialized" changes to the game defaults).

Please stay tuned.

seelx -> RE: One-day casualties (7/16/2008 11:29:07 PM)

Thank you for responding.  I wasn't complaining.

I had been working hard to corner Lee and was expecting a huge battle at some point.  I was mostly just curious to compare it with other players large battles.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI