Why no Fort Pickens? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Gary Grigsby's War Between the States

Bo Rearguard -> Why no Fort Pickens? (7/3/2008 1:39:32 AM)

As all Civil War buffs know there were only two Union enclaves left in Confederate territory after the surrender of Fort Sumter. Fort Monroe at Hampton Roads, Virginia, and the less famous Fort Pickens near Pensacola, Florida. I was kinda curious as to why Pickens wasn't included in the game. My thinking is that it was a rather small fort and garrison in terms of game scale, but it seems it could have served as immediate supply depot for blockading ships. [;)] The local Confederates under Bragg did make efforts (unsuccessful) to take it.

Joel Billings -> RE: Why no Fort Pickens? (7/3/2008 5:56:02 AM)

I think had Gary made a sea zone just for Pensacola, the fort should have been an island area off the coast which the Union would control at the start. I'm not sure why Gary chose not to include it and I have to admit I wasn't aware of it and it didn't come up in testing.

Bo Rearguard -> RE: Why no Fort Pickens? (7/3/2008 6:13:50 AM)

Thanks for the answer Joel. Hardly a game-breaker. Just curious....or maybe nit-Pickens. [:D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI