Lost leader bug in MCNA (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW

Charlie -> Lost leader bug in MCNA (4/3/2002 11:19:14 PM)

A few days ago I began to play MCNA :) and found the lost leader bug. I got the fix-program from Anthony but I understand that this is an unofficial patch. Right now Iīm playing LV and i can wait for a patch for MCNA from Matrix so , is anybody in Matrix working on it ?

Thanks in advance

Supervisor -> (4/3/2002 11:30:07 PM)

Just curious what unofficial patch fix did you get? I'd like to see it and maybe post it for others to use.

Charlie -> (4/4/2002 12:35:49 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gmenfan
[B]Just curious what unofficial patch fix did you get? I'd like to see it and maybe post it for others to use. [/B][/QUOTE]

gmenfan, other people tried to post the patch ( I got it from Kshinner) but there was a problem with the attached file ( maybe the problem was the size, itīs a 1,64MB file ). Anyway, if you want i cand send it to your e-mail.

Regards

Rexxx -> Even more questions about the lost leaders (4/4/2002 3:46:48 PM)

It would be great if someone posted this workaround.
I started playing MCNA after facing certain difficulties with MCLV to ease the pain ;) . Now, getting used to desert warfare (to a certain degree) I'm not eager to be sent to the swamps of Mother Russia immediately. I want to visit Cairo not Moscow. But, recognizing my core force getting dumb and dumber makes this almost impossible.
Thus, I'm very interested in an answer to Charlie's question: "Is anyone in Matrix working on a patch for MCNA?" If so, is there an ETA?
According to the postings in http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=17065
the problem is located. Does its location in the core.dat-file mean that the lost leader bug will always occur regardless which OOB/ mech versions I use?
Which OOB/mech version (or combination of) would be the best one to avoid this bug (if it's avoidable at all)?

Thanks in advance.

tomaszp -> (4/4/2002 6:16:36 PM)

gmenfan,
The file Charlie speaks about is not a patch but a program, which allows you to edit leader names and values. So when they disappear you can "repair" them manually.

Rexxx,
You could try to play MCNA with SPWaW 6.1. When I played it I didn't encouter "lost leaders". Version 6.1 is very different, though. Especially in tank combat - all British tanks a easier to destroy, except Matildas, which are almost indestructible.
The bad thing is you will have to start the campaign from the beginning if you want to upgrade to v.7.1 later.

And here I join Rexxx and ask Matrix: Is someone working on fixing "lost leaders" bug in MCNA? If yes, what is an estimated time of finishing it? I don't try to rush anyone - I just would like to know if I should wait for correct core.dat file or start now, fixing lost leaders with Anthony's program.

Regards,
Tomek

Auslander -> (4/5/2002 1:25:11 AM)

I too am watching this development closely. Since I JUST got MCNA (I feel like the last kid on the block) I'm not sure I should even play it until this is fixed....

Aus

Supervisor -> (4/5/2002 3:45:11 AM)

tomaszp, what kind of problems develop with the continuing campaign when leaders get repaired. Do they lose exp, moral, leadership where it effects the following battles. If no problems exist this will definetly get posted as a utility worth having.

John David -> lost leaders (4/5/2002 3:53:13 AM)

gmenfan,

I got MCNA last week and have completed 4 battles. As far as lost leaders being repaired, it seem to me that all the ratings you mentioned are severly downgraded.

I would like to know what units are people seeing the lost leaders being effected on. For me, it seems to be mostly the sdkfz 222 and some of the tank crews.

Thanks

John

kshinner -> (4/5/2002 3:56:11 AM)

gmenfan, I've used the program and as far as I've seen (in the next 3 scenarios I've played since "fixing" MCNA), the leaders continue on gaining experience, moral, and ability; don't revert back to being "lost"; etc.

Anthony identified in a previous post that the lost leaders were a problem resulting from the leaders being out of order and his program re-ordered them. So far, I've not seen any problems with Anthony's program. It's a little "bare-bones" but it works fine.

kshinner -> (4/5/2002 4:00:09 AM)

John David,

I had the same thing. My 222s were decimated and the assorted G-unit or F-unit would suddenly get lost. I think gmenfan means "repaired" as in repaired by Anthony's program not repaired as in replaced as per the normal course of events between scenarios when you lose a unit -- although that is usually when these lost leaders "appear" (or disappear as the case may be) .

I recommend Anthony's program to keep you going in MCNA.

John David -> Thanks (4/5/2002 4:29:03 AM)

Thanks kshinner,

i think your right about what gmenfan was refering to.

Where can I get Anthony's program? I can't find any link here on the forum for it.

Thanks again

John

tomaszp -> (4/5/2002 5:26:12 AM)

It seems that I can't post the program here. When I attach it I cannot connect with the webpage http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/newreply.php

When I don't attach anything, my response appears without problem.

John, if you want it just e-mail me.

Regards,
Tomek

Anthony_MatrixForum -> (4/5/2002 5:51:48 AM)

Hi

My program just allows the user to edit the leaders exp, morale, and ratings

It is fairly rough however!

Gmenfan - I am happy to send it to you when I get back to work (where the code is :-)

However having a fix is not the same as sorting out why the problem happens.

Anthony

Charlie -> (4/5/2002 6:22:42 AM)

Hi Anthony!

You donīt need to send your file to gmenfan, i did it because he was curious about it. Concerning the problem, i can quote a previous post by skukko (http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=17065)

"Lost leader bug is born in core.dat file. It has nothing to do with mech-engine.

All MCs should have new core.dat made after January 31, 2002. If not then they have lost leader bug. This has been informed to code -department, but...

All you gamers thanx and hurray for one man who found and resolved it: Rockin Harry."

I wonder if Matrix could fix this bug just with a new core.dat?

Regards

tomaszp -> (4/5/2002 8:22:16 AM)

John,
I'm trying to send you the program since one hour but nothing seems to work. I can't send you any e-mail, with or without attachments. It says something about your address being rejected.

I'm sorry. If you have another e-mail account I can try it. Or you can ask kshinner. I got the program from him.

Regards,
Tomek

Supervisor -> (4/5/2002 9:02:23 AM)

I got a copy from Charlie earlier in the day, unless yours is different!

Rexxx -> (4/5/2002 2:42:31 PM)

Tomaszp,
Thanks for your answers.
I sent you an e-mail asking for Anthony's fix.
Going back to SPWaW 6.1 with its necessity of starting all over again after (re-)upgrading to 7.1 isn't an alternative, at least for me. I already have to restart MCLV. I don't like replaying scenarios (especially in MC's). The "realism" is gone, I know everything about my opponent's deployment, his units, his weaknesses. No more bad surprises, no wrong decisions, no thrill.
Thus, I'm very interested in a MCNA patch for SPWaW 7.1 and ask again: "Is anyone in Matrix working on a patch for MCNA?" If so, is there an ETA?"

R.

John David -> Thanks Again (4/6/2002 2:47:20 AM)

tomasz,

I know that I sent you an email thanking you for sending me the file, but I just wanted to thank you again publicly on the board.

Thanks again my friend:)

John

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI