SU-DG Loaded to PC, Will Not Play: (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Starships Unlimited v3

AbsntMndedProf -> SU-DG Loaded to PC, Will Not Play: (4/4/2002 4:22:25 AM)

I've loaded Starships Unlimited: Divided Galaxies to my PC's HD. When I click on the 'Play SU-DG' link on the game menu, the following happens:

1. I get a pop-up saying the Matrix avi intro file is not found.
I click the 'close' button on the pop-up.

2. The Ape Zone intro video plays.

3. I get a blank screen with a pointer-cursor that can be moved with the mouse, but otherwise does nothing. The only way to get out of this screen that I've found is to use 'cntrl+alt+del' to restart my PC.

I have tried the following to fix this:

1. Downloaded DirectX 8.1 and installed it.

2. Tried to start the game with all three graphics settings, 16 bit, 32 bit, and 24 bit settings on.

3. I always shut down the programs in the active tray in the lower right hand corner of my PC's screen before starting any game.

4. I've tried starting the game both while online and offline.

None of these have allowed me to get the game to play. Is there something I'm missing? (My PC meets the system criteria for SU-DG as outlined both in the online store and the manual.)

Any help I can get with this will be greatly apreciated! Thanks!

Eric Maietta

madmax88 -> (4/4/2002 7:35:08 AM)

As previously posted, i think there's a chance of malfunction when starting the game via the MAtrix startup menu.

Try starting the game with SUDG.exe in the game's subdirectory.
See if that helps.

AbsntMndedProf -> (4/4/2002 9:38:48 AM)

MadMax88 posted:

"Try starting the game with SUDG.exe in the game's subdirectory.
See if that helps."

I tried this, and unfortunately, the only change is that the Matrix intro video plays. The rest remains the same. Thanks anyway!

Eric Maietta

Andrew Ewanchyna -> (4/4/2002 9:35:42 PM)

I've just sent an email to you (I'm guessing it was you). Basically, I think you've got the sound card error that some people are experiencing. The next patch addresses the issue. Should have the patch, version 1.2 up soon.

AbsntMndedProf -> (4/5/2002 12:03:07 AM)

Yes, that was me! Thanks for the reply. I installed the file you sent, but am still getting a blank screen with a pointer in the middle that moves around, but does nothing else. I hope you are correct, and the next patch gets things going. I'll just have to wait and see.

Eric Maietta

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI