Can't download any recent updates (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers

dsawan -> Can't download any recent updates (7/12/2008 8:55:58 PM)

Hi, IO cant seem to dwomload the wra betwn the states update or campaign series 1.03 update. I am not sure if it is caused by the recent server move or reshape of the website. W hen I dwld it either times out or says done with errors. Can someon ehere help? thx. Did not have this problem before the webiste was changed.

junk2drive -> RE: Can't download any recent updates (7/12/2008 10:00:25 PM)

When you go to the link did you try right click and save as...
Do you have admin rights on this computer?
XP or Vista? Did you install the recent XP update? (I had a problem with Zonealarm blocking the net)
Turn off your firewall and anti virus temporarily and try again.
IE or Firefox?

dsawan -> RE: Can't download any recent updates (7/12/2008 11:23:12 PM)

Hi, I have xp with service pak 2. I disabled mcafee antivrus and have no firewall running as the service assocaited with it is disabled. I tried to click on windows updates icon in settngs and nothing came up. i dont know how to enble admin rights on xp. I use IE. The only xp update is service pak 2.

junk2drive -> RE: Can't download any recent updates (7/13/2008 1:41:16 AM)

XP is up to SP3 but that shouldn't matter. You need to talk to whoever has admin rights and either get them for you or download it for you.

dsawan -> RE: Can't download any recent updates (7/13/2008 4:44:12 AM)

Hi, mu user account has admin rights already. i have dowled from combatace and other websites various files. Only matrix games is giving me probs.

dsawan -> RE: Can't download any recent updates (7/13/2008 4:45:45 AM)

i do have spybot installed on my pc but it is not running in background. That is an anti-ad program similar to adaware.

junk2drive -> RE: Can't download any recent updates (7/13/2008 4:54:57 AM)

No one else is having problems so it is something on your pc preventing the dl.

dsawan -> RE: Can't download any recent updates (7/13/2008 4:22:19 PM)

I am able to download from other websites such as combatace and simouthouse. this is the only site where the download link just doesn't work. Any other suggestions?

dsawan -> RE: Can't download any recent updates (7/13/2008 4:54:11 PM)

Never mind. am using stardownloader and it works. What;s strange is the auto updater for campaign series doesn't work let alone manual dwld from the site.

Valkyrie -> RE: Can't download any recent updates (7/24/2008 9:17:47 AM)

As I commented on another thread, I am having the problem of Matrix downloads stalling out as they near the 99% mark. I discovered that if I right clicked on the transfer and "stopped it" and then "Resumed" it would kick back into gear in about 30 seconds and finish the download. This happened in in Opera and FireFox on both my computers. No problems with downloads from other sources besides Matrix, so it's not all in your head! [:D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI