Good Beginner Grand Strategy Games?? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

sjd0309 -> Good Beginner Grand Strategy Games?? (7/13/2008 5:18:59 PM)

I have little experience with Grand Strategy games. I take these games to be those that require more strategy and planning than a squad level game.

Is there a Matrix release that might be a good entry level game for someone who is interested in a larger scale game than squad level battles. Somethingthat requires you to plan ahead for supply and reinforcements etc. yet is not so daunting that micromanagement is all I would do...

Cheers, SJD

V22 Osprey -> RE: Good Beginner Grand Strategy Games?? (7/13/2008 5:24:38 PM)

The operational art of war III

Great Title.Units sizes range from a squad to an entire army and every thing in between.

And you can always choose between standard and advanced rules.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Good Beginner Grand Strategy Games?? (7/13/2008 7:35:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sjd0309
Is there a Matrix release that might be a good entry level game for someone who is interested in a larger scale game than squad level battles. Somethingthat requires you to plan ahead for supply and reinforcements etc. yet is not so daunting that micromanagement is all I would do...

I'd recommend giving Commander: Europe at War a try - feedback we've had from many customers indicates its an easy to learn, fun to play grand strategy game.

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/344/details/Commander.-.Europe.at.War

ilovestrategy -> RE: Good Beginner Grand Strategy Games?? (7/14/2008 3:24:51 PM)

Wow, that looks cool Erik! Thanks! [:)]

sjd0309 -> RE: Good Beginner Grand Strategy Games?? (8/1/2008 9:13:47 PM)

"I'd recommend giving Commander: Europe at War a try - feedback we've had from many customers indicates its an easy to learn, fun to play grand strategy game."

I didn't pick it up as it is a little more than I wanted to pay.

Thanks for the recommend though!

Widell -> RE: Good Beginner Grand Strategy Games?? (8/1/2008 10:40:16 PM)

There's always TOAW III, even if it isn't grand strategy by definition, you can find almost any scenario complexity you want.

JudgeDredd -> RE: Good Beginner Grand Strategy Games?? (8/1/2008 10:48:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

quote:

I'd recommend giving Commander: Europe at War a try - feedback we've had from many customers indicates its an easy to learn, fun to play grand strategy game.

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/344/details/Commander.-.Europe.at.War

Erik

Just a question...have they livened up North Africa? When I last played this Africa was melera distraction with nothing going on AI wise

jjax -> RE: Good Beginner Grand Strategy Games?? (8/2/2008 3:09:13 AM)

quote:

I have little experience with Grand Strategy games. I take these games to be those that require more strategy and planning than a squad level game.

Cheers, SJD

I know this is going outside matrix, but have you given Strategic Command 2 a look. Strategic Command series have always been good for entry level gaming.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI