Serious Lock-up (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Road to Victory >> Tech Support

AlanG59 -> Serious Lock-up (7/25/2008 5:07:46 PM)

The game locks-up after any series of Naval Battles.
Pressing the "End Battle" button of what I assume is the last encounter will remain locked on that screen.
It doesn't seem to matter which Country or Scenario I play.

I am running the game on Windows VISTA. I know, I know! hahahha

doomtrader -> RE: Serious Lock-up (7/25/2008 5:54:02 PM)

Hi,

I did a quick test at my son's computer.
Both of us having Vista, at his' there is a crash after a naval battle.

We have got different programs installed (firewalls, antivirus), so that might be a problem, could you please turn off all communicators, antivirus etc and check does the problem occurs?
At list pplease give us a list of installed and running applications.

AlanG59 -> RE: Serious Lock-up (7/25/2008 6:38:52 PM)

I ran the game with Norton Anti-Virus shut off; no change.
I can't seem to shut off the built-in Norton Firewall, so I don't know if that is affecting the program or not.
Those are the only running background applications I have on that I know of.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Serious Lock-up (7/25/2008 6:39:09 PM)

Alan,

Could you post a DxDiag file for us please?

Regards,

- Erik

AlanG59 -> RE: Serious Lock-up (7/25/2008 6:57:53 PM)

Ok;  but what is a DxDiag file.... how do I do that?
hahahha   I'm technically challenged!!

Erik Rutins -> RE: Serious Lock-up (7/25/2008 7:16:32 PM)

Alan,

No problem, instructions for that are pinned at the top of this forum.

Regards,

- Erik

AlanG59 -> RE: Serious Lock-up (7/25/2008 8:10:44 PM)

-

AlanG59 -> RE: Serious Lock-up (7/25/2008 10:20:22 PM)

I'm not sure if this is relavent, but I have NEVER been able to access the Matrix Forums using IE.   I have to use Firefox to talk here and view this forum.

Barthheart -> RE: Serious Lock-up (7/25/2008 11:00:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AlanG59

I'm not sure if this is relavent, but I have NEVER been able to access the Matrix Forums using IE.   I have to use Firefox to talk here and view this forum.

Don't think it's relevant, as I have only ever use IE and have never had a problem, even with the new setup, IE 7 and service pack 3.

Samichlaus -> RE: Serious Lock-up (7/26/2008 1:01:51 PM)

quote:

Pressing the "End Battle" button of what I assume is the last encounter will remain locked on that screen.

The same happens with me. Game locks up after pressing "End Battle" in naval phase. I have pc tools spyware doctor installed, nothing else.

Samichlaus -> RE: Serious Lock-up (7/26/2008 1:08:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Samichlaus

quote:

The same happens with me. Game locks up after pressing "End Battle" in naval phase. I have pc tools spyware doctor installed, nothing else.

Just tried with deactivated spyware doctor, same happens, but I get one screen further before the game locks. This is a SERIOUS problem, game not playable this way! Needs immediate correction, since it seems that many users have this problem!

comrade -> RE: Serious Lock-up (7/26/2008 4:23:41 PM)

Samichlaus, do you have Vista or XP ? I don't know if it is related with operating system, just trying to get as much info as possible to replicate it on my machine.

One more thing: when the game locks alt-tab to desktop, kill ww2.exe process, go to the game folder - there sould be a ConsoleOut.txt file there. Zip it and send it to me pls (pawel.roman@iqsoftwaregames.com).

Samichlaus -> RE: Serious Lock-up (7/26/2008 5:00:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: comrade

Samichlaus, do you have Vista or XP ? I don't know if it is related with operating system, just trying to get as much info as possible to replicate it on my machine.

One more thing: when the game locks alt-tab to desktop, kill ww2.exe process, go to the game folder - there sould be a ConsoleOut.txt file there. Zip it and send it to me pls (pawel.roman@iqsoftwaregames.com).

I'm running Vista. Ok, I'll try to get the file you mentioned.

Lucky1 -> RE: Serious Lock-up (7/27/2008 6:20:55 AM)

I couldn't resist trying to get a game in. However, looks like I won't be able to play despite succumbing to temptation.... I have the same glitch with naval encounters. I have tried to play two times and have had the game lock on me both times when I hit end battle.... Boooo.

I am running Windows Vista. I think the game was running as admin in Vista the first time. The second time, I had it running in XP mode. I am not overly computer literate, but I will try to assist if additional info is required. McAfee Security centre is installed, with firewall on.....

Although I never got too far into either game, I was having no problems with the invasion of Poland. I had tried to ship an armor unit from Italy to North Africa, but was only able to get the ship into port. I haven't figured out how to get the armor unit back on land....

Is there a way to merge fleets that are out in a naval zone?

Lucky1 -> RE: Serious Lock-up (7/27/2008 7:21:08 AM)

Hmm. Tried to play again, just as Germany. Pulled all my fleets from the oceans. Took Poland. Took Netherlands, Belgium and set up Vichy France. Italy joined war a few turns prior to collapse of France and engaged in a couple of naval battles. I simply hit auto and then end battle. These appear to have done whatever they were intended to do. However, in a subsequent naval battle, the game crashed and went to the desktop (as opposed to freezing).

On another matter, when I took Vichy an event popped up to advise that Hitler had ordered the destruction of the maginot. I was not given a choice. Was this intended?

So far, game is much like CoS (which I liked). A fair bit buggier though.... I appreciate your efforts to get everything in working order.

comrade -> RE: Serious Lock-up (7/27/2008 8:49:47 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lucky1

Hmm. Tried to play again, just as Germany. Pulled all my fleets from the oceans. Took Poland. Took Netherlands, Belgium and set up Vichy France. Italy joined war a few turns prior to collapse of France and engaged in a couple of naval battles. I simply hit auto and then end battle. These appear to have done whatever they were intended to do. However, in a subsequent naval battle, the game crashed and went to the desktop (as opposed to freezing).

On another matter, when I took Vichy an event popped up to advise that Hitler had ordered the destruction of the maginot. I was not given a choice. Was this intended?

So far, game is much like CoS (which I liked). A fair bit buggier though.... I appreciate your efforts to get everything in working order.

So, you're saying that actually there'd been naval battles that did not lock the game? If the game crashes or locks up - re-load it using autosave, this may help as a temporary solution. This issue is currently our priority and we're doing our best to eliminate it.

Lucky1 -> RE: Serious Lock-up (7/27/2008 10:31:31 AM)

Although I have only played the game a few times, there were a couple of cases where computer-controlled combats (involving Italy) were resolved without crash. Although I can't be sure, I would guess that the Italians experienced no losses or damage in these instances....

Samichlaus -> RE: Serious Lock-up (8/5/2008 11:53:49 AM)

I am still having this lockup after/during naval resolution. I attached the DxDiag.txt.

comrade -> RE: Serious Lock-up (8/5/2008 12:25:34 PM)

We've been able to replicate this issue on one PC, and after some fixing, the problem was solved. So, likely, after you patch the game to 1.20, you won't see this happening again.  The 1.20 patch will be available on Thursday as public beta. 

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI