Disappearing menu items (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Road to Victory >> Tech Support

pasternakski -> Disappearing menu items (7/26/2008 12:17:42 AM)

Decided to post this here (mentioned it elsewhere) to be sure the devs get the info. When you click on an item in any of the interaction menus, the item (and if it is a list, the list) disappears. It's still there, because you can make selections by approximating the location of the selection box with your mouse cursor, but this is a serious inconvenience that needs to be fixed.

I assume that others have seen this...

Grognerd -> RE: Disappearing menu items (7/26/2008 6:43:16 AM)

I concur as I had the same thing happen in the option screen where you select the country, AI/Human control etc... 

doomtrader -> RE: Disappearing menu items (7/27/2008 10:43:36 PM)

I can't replicate that issue.

Could you please put me a screenshot, to be clear what we are talking about?

pasternakski -> RE: Disappearing menu items (7/27/2008 11:37:17 PM)

This is the first one I encounter, but it happens in all similar menus, as well. You click on an item, and it disappears. I am running an Athlon 64 dual core, 2 gB RAM, geForce 8500 GT card.

[image]local://upfiles/6977/D6F52DDFE8D2458BB1F38F2C323148DC.jpg[/image]

pasternakski -> RE: Disappearing menu items (7/31/2008 7:02:30 AM)

Shameless athletic bumpity-bump-bump-bump...

[image]local://upfiles/6977/8761AE820811447E89EC83CB18F1F4FC.jpg[/image]

comrade -> RE: Disappearing menu items (7/31/2008 10:54:53 AM)

This is one strange, weird, odd, peculiar bug. Difficult to replicate.

1) Do you use the latest drivers for your gfx card?
2) Do radio buttons are the only controls that disappear or, say, checkboxes too? (You can  find a checkbox e.g. in preferences screen) What about normal buttons ?

All I can suggest at the moment is reinstalling gfx drivers (or installing latest versions).

pasternakski -> RE: Disappearing menu items (8/2/2008 6:25:10 AM)

Well, this does not help at all. My drivers are current, and I have no similar problems with any other application.

Tell me, though, could this have come about from firewall/AV presence while downloading or installing?

pasternakski -> RE: Disappearing menu items (8/5/2008 4:26:09 AM)

Anyone?

Anyone?

Erik Rutins -> RE: Disappearing menu items (8/5/2008 4:35:39 AM)

Don't think so - this has to be something in how the game is interacting with certain systems. A driver interaction does make sense as I haven't been able to duplicate this either, but that doesn't mean it's not a bug in the game, it's just a very specific one apparently.

pasternakski -> RE: Disappearing menu items (8/5/2008 6:04:26 AM)

Well, I'm going to try a fresh reinstall with AV and firewall off and see what happens.

I know how dangerous it is to cross the streams and to shoot protons at each other in a supercollider, so if the universe suddenly ends because of my little experiment, I hope everyone will forgive me.

Or, as the old boy from North Dakota said about the truck wreck that put a Minuteman missile booster in a roadside ditch, "Well, as long as it ain't going off, we're okay. And if it did, it wouldn't matter anyway.

pasternakski -> RE: Disappearing menu items (8/23/2008 8:43:17 AM)

This persists. If I reboot my computer before I launch the game, everything is normal. After I use Internet Explorer, I get this same phenomenon if I open RtV without restarting Windows.

It's a pita, but I guess I can live with it.

doomtrader -> RE: Disappearing menu items (8/24/2008 6:23:32 PM)

This might be some clue but I'm not sure can we replicate this.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI