New Max on Formations - for everyone and Hammerhead (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Wild Bill -> New Max on Formations - for everyone and Hammerhead (10/4/2000 6:23:00 AM)

Just before the publication of version 4.0, we have found out that the game cannot possibly handle 400 hundred formations. So now the maximum is around 200. It was causing all kinds of problems including the repetition of lettering (you would get two A0 units) and some units not appearing at all on the roster. The only cure was to go back to 200 formations total...counting formations of both side. Usually one side maxes out at around 100. I just tried it with the newest Utah Beach scenario and that was all I could get. The problems it creates far outweigh the advantages. Remember, the game was originally set for a smaller # of units and it just will not take the larger #. I've also found that in most cases 100 formations per side provides you with nearly a divsional sized group, depending on how you use the formations. That's pretty big for this old game. Special note for you Hammerhead, I know you were really trying to get an answer on this earlier. Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

Charles22 -> (10/4/2000 8:21:00 PM)

Thank you Bill for that note. I was guessing that my replying 'n' to op fire not working the first time, might have been due to the somewhat unusual situation in having a tankless nation assault you (Finland), thereby giving it too many units for my memory, when of course it could've been formational instead.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI