One more question - viewing formations (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare

tpope -> One more question - viewing formations (7/28/2008 6:02:51 AM)

I've just finished the last tutorial, having successfully navigated back to base while using the formation editor to plan out my defenses. Everything worked out well, except for one minor issue.

I couldn't figure out from the instructions in the manual is how to view the individual units in your formation anywhere else than in the formation editor. What the manual said is "Pull up a tracking window centered on the group to observe how the assigned units respond to their new patrol orders." I tried that in a few different ways, both tracking and non-tracking, zoomed in as far as I could go and not, but in all cases I only saw the circle-in-circle symbol for the formation itself, never the individual units.

When threats were engaged, I saw the missiles fly out from where the various ships acttually were on-station, but I couldn't see the ships except by looking at the formation window (which has the disadvantage of not showing anything BUT the ships).

Other than that, formations worked really well though.

FreekS -> RE: One more question - viewing formations (7/28/2008 7:06:22 AM)

Hit '9' on numeric keypad to toggle between Group and Unit view on any window.

Freek

hermanhum -> Harpoon (7/28/2008 9:17:35 AM)

You can also toggle '9' from the keypad while in the Formation Editor. This will cycle between 3 different views. You can see:

1) The ships in the formation (only)
2) The ships in the area
3) The other formations in the area

I don't know if it shows approaching enemy ships/weapons or not. The new views are new features added to ANW.

tpope -> RE: Harpoon (7/28/2008 4:43:01 PM)

Excellent, thanks.  I'll have to try that tonight and maybe replay parts of the tutorial. 

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI