To Memoir '44 owners (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

JudgeDredd -> To Memoir '44 owners (8/1/2008 10:13:56 AM)

I was a bit thrown when I played my first game.

Are all cards command cards which allow you to move OR attack OR move AND attack?

I was a bit thrown by the fact that the cards had Recon, Probe, Attack, Assault as the "header"....I was wondering where the movement cards where...but I presume they all allow you to move units and attack with units in the specified sectors?

I don't want to have beaten my daughter unfairly!!! [:D]

JeF -> RE: To Memoir '44 owners (8/1/2008 11:55:12 AM)

Hi Judge,

Please, read the Law ...err... I mean, the manual. [;)]

Speaking from my experience of Battlelore, but Memoir 44 should be the same.

Names on cards are just for "immersion factor".
You activate the specified number of units (and eventually unit type) in the mentioned sector.
Each activated unit can move AND/OR attack, depending of its type, and the number of hexes it has moved. You have to check each unit capabilities.

I hope this helps,

JeF.

JudgeDredd -> RE: To Memoir '44 owners (8/1/2008 12:05:35 PM)

I did read the manual. It said you pull a command card and move or fight. I thought I was playing wrong because the card said "assault" which clearly is an attack (albeit with movement). So I was just a bit thrown is all.

One other thing, whilst I've got your attention. It's either not covered in the manual, or I can't remember it/couldn't find it....when you have your command cards and you can do nothing (my daughter had teo Recon cards for the centre section and 2 Assault cards for the left flank but had no troops in either of these sections) what is the procedure? I just let her discard a card and pull a new one and used that as her turn. Is that right?

I even watched the online video on how to play at memoir '44 and it didn't say anything in that.

I guess I was right to have her discard a card and get a new one. But what about using that as her turn? Also, if she pulls another card which cannot be used, does she just have to take it and discard another card next turn?

as I said, this feature is not covered, although we played much longer than we had to last night, so it might be that that particular scenario might not arise.

sterckxe -> RE: To Memoir '44 owners (8/1/2008 12:06:03 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd
I don't want to have beaten my daughter unfairly!!! [:D]

You've beaten her because she caught you cheating ? [:D]

For the rest : what JeF said

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

JudgeDredd -> RE: To Memoir '44 owners (8/1/2008 12:07:06 PM)

Nah...read the manual...just confused a bit is all with the names on the cards...but if they're for immersion (which I suspected) then that's fine.

JeF -> RE: To Memoir '44 owners (8/1/2008 12:23:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd
One other thing, whilst I've got your attention. It's either not covered in the manual, or I can't remember it/couldn't find it....when you have your command cards and you can do nothing (my daughter had teo Recon cards for the centre section and 2 Assault cards for the left flank but had no troops in either of these sections) what is the procedure? I just let her discard a card and pull a new one and used that as her turn. Is that right ?

IIRC, yes. You can discard a card and pull a new one.

JeF.

105mm Howitzer -> RE: To Memoir '44 owners (8/1/2008 12:31:55 PM)

Yo Judge, heads up. The headers are just that, headers. ( I guess to add some flavoring) Essentially you can move and shoot or just move or shoot. The card should indicate which action you take, and yeah, it affects units belonging to one sector only.
As for discards, it's exactly that. You remove one card, draw another and pass. Believe me, I spent a few unhappy movements doing squat. They justify that by claiming command having a near-panic fit, thus unable to issue ( coherent) orders. Such does not happen often, however.
I haven't played it in a while, but if you got more questions, don't hesitate.
Cheers
MC

JudgeDredd -> RE: To Memoir '44 owners (8/1/2008 12:46:33 PM)

thx all...I just wanted to make sure I kicked my daughters arse legitimately! [:D]

JudgeDredd -> RE: To Memoir '44 owners (8/1/2008 12:48:17 PM)

I have to say, it felt nice rolling the dice again. And I can see myself playing solo on it, because I can detach myself from one side to play correctly on the other

105mm Howitzer -> RE: To Memoir '44 owners (8/1/2008 2:03:17 PM)

This game is totally soloable, due largely in part to the unique card system. In fact, I find that I replay the same round using different cards just to see what could have happened.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI