Hang-Up Bug, the second! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Jay_Dee -> Hang-Up Bug, the second! (10/5/2000 1:03:00 AM)

Hi! I have a problem with SSPWaW. Im using a 450MHz Celeron on a Win98SE System. When i deploy the teams, and want to push "start Game", the Game closes to the windows screen, but the System does not hang up! What could cause this crash??? Can anyone help me?? best.. Jay_Dee

Schrullenhaft -> (10/5/2000 1:15:00 AM)

Are you able to play any scenarios or campaigns ? Are you overclocking your Celeron ? If you are you may want to clock it down (temporarily) to the actual rated speed to see if this problem continues. Have you played any previous versions of SPWAW with your system before ? Are you using the latest version (4.2) and if not, what version are you using currently ?

Captn_Jack -> (10/5/2000 6:30:00 AM)

I was getting all kinds of lock-ups in game play, set-up, you name it. I removed all hardware acceleration for the video card and changed the swap file to the largest partition (free space) on the hd making it all available for Windows. So far, I have not had anymore lock-ups. Even got to play my first online game. Worked great! Might work for you too. CJ

Jay_Dee -> (10/6/2000 8:36:00 PM)

Hey! Im using a Cel. 300@ 450 MHz (but i NEVER!! had problems in overclocking with that prozessor!) Ok, i will clock it down to the original speed (My System is currently down, i only can try it on Monday) 4.2 (ca. 350MB) is the first version of WaW im using. Before i played SSP III, it worked on my system, >> no Problems! Ok, ad i will disable all hardware accerlerations on my videocard (ASUS V3400 TNT / TV) sorry, i do not have any informations about the swap file (my english is very lousy, and im using a german WIN version) how can i change the Swap file??? best... Jay_Dee

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI