Can the Axis Purchase Sea Transports? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Commander - Europe at War Gold

MarkWayneClark -> Can the Axis Purchase Sea Transports? (8/3/2008 5:23:07 PM)

I don't see an option for that in the purchase screen. I can buy subs, destroyers, battleships, or carriers, but that is it as far as naval units go. Is amphibious warfare simply not in the cards for the Axis?

Hard Sarge -> RE: Can the Axis Purchase Sea Transports? (8/3/2008 6:40:02 PM)

you don't buy transports, you go to a port and then "load" unto a transport (kind like it is part of the unit already)

sabre1 -> RE: Can the Axis Purchase Sea Transports? (8/3/2008 6:40:38 PM)

Just move your units to a port, there is a radio button next to rail movement, and the unit will transform into a transport.  You can then move that unit in the same turn, but cannot unload.  Just be aware that once that unit unloads it is out of supply until you take possession of the enemy seaport.  I am specifically referring to operation Sealion.  There is no air supply.

MarkWayneClark -> RE: Can the Axis Purchase Sea Transports? (8/5/2008 3:42:09 PM)

Sorry to be so daft, but how do you unload transports?

I am getting ready to do Sealion, and as "practice" I am trying to move some Italian units from the boot into Africa. I loaded them up just fine, and moved them into position. I waited until the next turn. But I cannot get them off the ships. In fact, I don't see any button to press or anything. I can click on the ships to move them, but I can't make the unit appear, and all the buttons on the ship's panel are grayed out, and I never see any movement dots on land, just at sea.

El Condoro -> RE: Can the Axis Purchase Sea Transports? (8/10/2008 2:23:25 PM)

Have you declared war on the country you want to invade? You can't land until you do, then just use the same button you used to load to unload into a vacant hex.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI