Flak on the attack (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided

runyan99 -> Flak on the attack (8/5/2008 2:13:51 AM)

Should I include flak units in land attack? I tried this once and my expected losses in the combat calculator actually went UP with a flak unit included. Will attacking flak engage defending air? If no enemy air is present, will the flak fire at land units?

panzers -> RE: Flak on the attack (8/5/2008 3:07:51 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: runyan99

Should I include flak units in land attack? I tried this once and my expected losses in the combat calculator actually went UP with a flak unit included. Will attacking flak engage defending air? If no enemy air is present, will the flak fire at land units?

Yes, and yes. It has virtually no ground defence like the regulat artilliary has, so the chances of losing a flak is all part of the combat loss equasion, but your chances dramatically improve for more enemy quality losses if there is enemy air present for the flak, by default automatically fires at the air, and the air phase begins before the land phase and being that combat is simultanious, the flak actually gets a second attack on the ground phase. That is not a bad deal if you are the German player for at the start of the game you only need 1 intelligence point to upgrade the flak land attack value

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI