Anchoring the Dewey Dry Dock (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario Design

JeffroK -> Anchoring the Dewey Dry Dock (8/6/2008 2:14:18 AM)

Gday All,

In CHS Scen 155 you receive the Dewey Dry Dock at Manila.

When playing as the japanese I found I was attacking it in Singapore!!

When I next played the Allies, I found that despite it 0 speed, it still motored at 1 hex per phase if redirected to another port.

So now I have repair facilities at Darwin, badly needed by the Allies.

Is there a way to anchor it, or will it need a House rule to immobilize?

Andrew Brown -> RE: Anchoring the Dewey Dry Dock (8/6/2008 2:22:54 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JeffK
Is there a way to anchor it, or will it need a House rule to immobilize?

Not that I am aware of, although if you do find a method, please let me know.

I don't worry about it too much - I assume if it moves it is being towed around.

Andrew

JeffroK -> RE: Anchoring the Dewey Dry Dock (8/6/2008 3:18:47 AM)

But I want to sink the tugs[8D]

I'll do some fiddling.

el cid again -> RE: Anchoring the Dewey Dry Dock (8/6/2008 4:26:32 AM)

A ship with zero speed can still move 1 hex per day (not per phase). They are probably "towed" by abstract tugs.
The Dewey Dry Dock is able to be sunk very easily - and usually is - by bombs or torpedo - in the first few days.

I don't think there is a way to "anchor" a ship - with the wierd exception of a ship that never appears at all. [I have
"training carriers" which are date set after the game ends - but which function to keep air groups assigned to them
at their proper size - they never resize. These vessels never move at all - of course - not being on the map to move.]

One way that would anchor a ship would be to have gigantic system damage - but then the ship sinks in a few days in most cases.
And it won't keep that system damage if it does not sink either.

There appears to be a technical difference between Japan and the Allies: IF you set a ship to speed zero (e.g. Dewey Dry Dock) it WILL appear on the Allied side - but a Japanese ship so set never shows up at all.

JeffroK -> RE: Anchoring the Dewey Dry Dock (8/6/2008 4:44:37 AM)

From Sid

The Dewey Dry Dock is able to be sunk very easily - and usually is - by bombs or torpedo - in the first few days

Cant assume this, In my first sighting I was going around the PI, smashed the airfields only. Second time I weighed anchor on 8/12 and got them going quickly.

Your observations on the Allied/japanese thing are interesting-Who programmed this game in the first place?? Hope he's well away from AE.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI