Is there anyway out of this land combat mess? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room

ttjhowell -> Is there anyway out of this land combat mess? (8/7/2008 7:23:55 PM)

June 1942. Communist forces in NW China have gotten themselves cut-off from supply and pretty much surrounded just to their general trying the 'herding cats' Chinese defence.

As you can see from the zones of control overlay there is a way out. To the east and north-east the Jap's have left an open passage. But everytime I set these hexes as destinations they walk a few miles and then refuse to go any further. I'm sick of these guys being used as part of the Chinese AF traing program, how can I get them to keep walking?

John

[image]local://upfiles/27213/29C3F43721484645974D5DE654F7DD55.jpg[/image]

Nomad -> RE: Is there anyway out of this land combat mess? (8/7/2008 7:27:13 PM)

Set their destination as that Allied ( russian? ) base that is north of them. They must have a destination that will give them a supply source.

ttjhowell -> RE: Is there anyway out of this land combat mess? (8/7/2008 8:38:56 PM)

Is that different from just choosing the hex? OK, I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

ttjhowell -> RE: Is there anyway out of this land combat mess? (8/13/2008 8:42:53 AM)

I see all the units to the Russian base to the north as discussed and they accepted the command and set movement directly to the east (the trail). Next turn... they had reset themselves to not moving... Oh well, never mind. [:'(]

Feinder -> RE: Is there anyway out of this land combat mess? (8/13/2008 10:53:47 AM)

Was worth a shot.  Sometimes units "just get stuck".  It has to do with the AI trying to second-guess the best way to go somewhere.  Even tho can see the path on the map, unfortunately, the AI is final word on which path to take (even if it's the wrong one).

-F-

hueglin -> RE: Is there anyway out of this land combat mess? (8/13/2008 3:13:40 PM)

Kind of like real war. Those commanders on the ground sometimes just do not do what you want them to do. That doesn`t make it any less frustrating though!

castor troy -> RE: Is there anyway out of this land combat mess? (8/13/2008 3:44:54 PM)

If you have a supply line to a friendly base and you are sharing the hex you are in with the enemy you have to set this friendly base as destination and your troops should move there (and they are normally doing this). Movement stops, better say is reset to 0 when the enemy attacks you!

In your picture I canīt see a reason that they donīt move as you surely have a supply line as those are open or desert hexes. Did your enemy attack you?

Q-Ball -> RE: Is there anyway out of this land combat mess? (8/13/2008 5:08:13 PM)

Can Chinese Units draw supply from Russian bases?

Can Chinese Units enter Russian territory, and if they do, what is the consequence? Or, can Russian territory serve as a "sancuary" for Chinese troops, in that the Japanese can't go in there, and can't bomb it either?

floydg -> RE: Is there anyway out of this land combat mess? (8/14/2008 4:03:19 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Q-Ball

Can Chinese Units draw supply from Russian bases?

Seems to work for me...

JeffroK -> RE: Is there anyway out of this land combat mess? (8/14/2008 4:19:53 AM)

I think you are stuck until you can get an adjacent allied unit.

As you dont control the hexes to the NE you will have trouble moving to them (Though I wish the computer would tell me taht when I first try to move there.)

ttjhowell -> RE: Is there anyway out of this land combat mess? (8/15/2008 8:41:13 AM)

Thanks, I thought it was something like that. Well, they'll die eventually I suppose. I just wish there was a 'surrender unit' button!

John

Local Yokel -> RE: Is there anyway out of this land combat mess? (8/16/2008 12:16:48 AM)

Even if Chinese units can draw supply from a Soviet base, isn't the supply route such as to leave these particular units out of supply?  I count 3 hexes supply movement along a trail (3 X 25 = 75) plus 1 hex cross country (50) making a total greater than the maximum of 100.  Unless these units can get supply from somewhere, they should eventually wither and die.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI