Changing Music (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

rockmedic109 -> Changing Music (8/9/2008 6:57:03 AM)

I tried to search and could not find the thread I needed.

I want to replace one of the music tracks with one from "The Final Countdown". I did it on my old computer and I think all I did was rip from the cd to mp3 format and rename with the .sfx suffix and place it in the "sounds" folder. But I do not know which sound effects are those on the games music list.

Can anyone help?

Thank You

VSWG -> RE: Changing Music (8/9/2008 12:13:12 PM)

Sort the files in your sound folder by size. Everything above 1 MB should be music, not sound effects. Open these files with a music player of your choice to identify the file you want to replace.

wdolson -> RE: Changing Music (8/9/2008 12:26:49 PM)

I fixed a bug in that code in AE a couple of months back.  The music files are 1025.sfx to 1034.sfx.  They can be just about any audio format, the music player is pretty flexible in that regard.  I believe the bug was that 1025.sfx would rarely, if ever play.  The game always starts playing 1027.sfx and then plays the rest in random order as they end.

Bill

VSWG -> RE: Changing Music (8/9/2008 12:32:53 PM)

I've never heard 1034 either...

wdolson -> RE: Changing Music (8/9/2008 12:43:42 PM)

I remember it was cutting off one end or the other, it may have been both.  I can't remember exactly now.

Bill

rockmedic109 -> RE: Changing Music (8/10/2008 1:08:31 AM)

Thanks for the info.  I still cannot get it to work.  I think I need to enable file extensions to be displayed and change to .sfx but I do not know how to enable extensions.  I think I had to do this on my older computer.  Can anyone tell me how?

Thank You

FeurerKrieg -> RE: Changing Music (8/10/2008 2:23:54 AM)

Just go into the folder, and up at the top pick 'Tools' > Folder Options. Then 'View' tab and there is a check box for 'Hide known file extensions' or something like that. Uncheck it.

wdolson -> RE: Changing Music (8/10/2008 3:30:16 AM)

On every new installation of Windows, that's among the first things I change.  When I'm in Windows Explorer, I want to see everything.

Bill

rockmedic109 -> RE: Changing Music (8/10/2008 8:34:14 AM)

Thank You.

I'm a dweeb.  I know that.  I'm comfortable with my lack of knowledge because I know where I can find the answers I need.  Thanks.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI